You've been putting a dishwasher part on a 4k PSI machine and wondering why it keeps failing

I’m not here to sell you anything, in fact I’m much too busy to even defend it properly. But I’ll let you in on a dirty little secret. You’ve been putting a dishwasher part on a 4k PSI machine and wondering why it keeps failing.

In 1956 DEMA Engineering machined a small venturi to inject soap into a sink. That’s the ancestor of every standard downstream injector on the market today.

It moved from dishwashers into coin-op car wash bays - still low pressure, still a dedicated chemical circuit with its own pump. Nobody engineered it for the high pressure side of a triplex pump cycling between 4k PSI and Hg dozens of times a day. It got there because it was cheap and close enough. NOT because it was RIGHT!

5 Likes

People ask me how I come up with this stuff. Honest answer — I don’t have a choice.

My brain doesn’t let go. Something broken or wrong becomes a thorn and it lodges itself in there and the only relief is solving it. Not thinking about solving it. Actually solving it. There’s a difference!

What happens in between looks a lot like nothing from the outside. But internally I’m running thousands of images — rotating them, stress testing them, asking why it fails, where it fails, what material, what geometry, what the original designer was thinking, what they got wrong. Pattern recognition at a level I can’t really explain or slow down. It just runs. ADHD isn’t the liability most people think it is. For me it’s the engine.

The injector bothered me because it kept failing and nobody had a real answer for why. Just “replace it.” That’s not an answer. That’s surrender. So the thorn went in.

Days of random images. Thousands upon thousands of them, leaf spring suspension, tennis balls deflecting off a racket, any image I’ve ever seen that will help give me the next clue. The ball, the seat, the spring, the o-ring. What’s happening at the moment you close a doorway and pressure slams back through that check valve assembly. What material fails first and why. I had images of closing a fire hydrant too fast. That column of water moving at full clip had nowhere to go. The shock wave that travels back through the line will split pipe, blow fittings, crack castings. That’s water hammer - and it’s the same physics happening inside your injector every single time you slam the door way shut. A pressure wave slamming back through that check valve assembly at thousands of PSI. And what’s sitting there to stop it? A tiny steel ball, a light spring, and a soft o-ring seat.

The history came later — and when it did, everything made sense. A 1950s dishwasher part on a 4,000 PSI machine. Soft elastomers catching a steel ball under pressure spikes. A spring sitting in sodium hypochlorite. None of that should have survived into the modern era — but it did, because large corporations answer to shareholders, not solutions. When their margin depends on you buying three a season, there’s no incentive to fix it.

I grew up around old American cast iron. Things built when the guy who designed it took personal pride in whether it failed. No quarterly earnings call. No planned obsolescence. Just — does it work, and does it last.

That’s the only standard I know how to build to. And that is why I named it the GOLD STANDARD Injector.

5 Likes

Once I got my remote situation fixed, I’ve been using your injector all the time and zero issues. I don’t flush it with water either. I can always count on it shutting all the way off after the mix clears which the GP’s never really did

2 Likes

I saw someone talking about gold standard injectors on Facebook and didn’t realize that was you. I think I tried yours a few years ago but didn’t have success. But that may have been in the experimental stage. I don’t remember

Respectfully, I’ve still got your injector sitting in my toolbox cause we couldn’t get it to draw. Same orifice as my standard injector. Once my season winds down I’ll play with it again. Like William said, this was a few years ago so maybe some changes have been made.

Yeah, the first 20 had too large of a through hole in the seat. I reduced it and machined the barb to support it. I vaguely remember our conversation so I’m not sure how we left things. At any rate I apologize if I was the one to let you slip through a crack. Did I ever send you a Gen2 replacement to try?

1 Like

Please let me know when you want to look into it with me. We’ll get you squared away!

Sounds good, i added it to my off season to do list

You better be careful @dperez , The right person reads this and you might just find yourself locked in a think tank somewhere off the coast of Siberia. You talented SOB

If I go out, it will be from a puzzle lol. Imagine you’re freezing underwater, hanging upside down, solving a puzzle blindfolded—that’s exactly where I want to be but my wife would never allow it lol. I need that intense level of stimulus-seeking cognitive pressure. Combining inversion, darkness, and submersion forces a state of forced mindfulness because the extreme neurological stress completely locks down my attention.

1 Like

Now start thinking about SOMETHING for application of SH to roofs that’s worth a damn. I’m tired boss. Dawg tired. Of these poopy 12v pumps that poop the bed randomly, or come dead on arrival. I need something that just coats a roof so after prep I can get on the roof and be done in like 10 minutes. It’s the bane of my existence. From remco to everflo I hate them all :joy:

1 Like

There’s two different systems I want to build and both are patent worthy so I need to tread carefully on them. There’s just too many other industries I want to give my all to like oil and gas, natural gas turbine generators, industrial chemicals the list goes on. I’ve meet more friction with PW Gadgets than any other thing I’ve ever touched so alas here we are. A few want it and most don’t. I treat it as a hobby because I am not the guy for sales!

1 Like

Moflow

@Dallsheep How about a softwash system that doesn’t have a pump at all? I’m pretty sure that would eliminate your problem all together lol If you’re interested in getting involved we can structure this under my manufacturing arm as a revenue-share deal. Provide the seed capial and we will carve out a fixed percentage of top-line revenue to service the debt until your principal is fully recouped. Once you are made whole, we can transition to a permanent minority equity stake or a reduced ongoing royalty. Have your people call my people :wink:

The engine is unnecessary! Both of my designs eliminate the extra engine since it’s just for softwashing. And one of the designs doesn’t even have a pump :face_with_monocle:

I personally don’t have one……see a lot of guys using them and seem to like them for roofs.

Mo Flow’s clutch isn’t perfect and it pops hoses/blows low pressure fittings more than the creator/users are willing to admit. AR30/AR45 work fine for chemical application on roof/concrete. @Dallsheep you’ll love one compared to a fatboy. The same as GP hi draw injector works fine for chemical injection, its not a complicated thing we’re trying to do. I like to say “it’s not rocket surgery” :joy: Lets not try to reinvent the wheel, gentlemen.

I don’t think I got the gen 2 version but that’s ok. Come the end of the year I hope to be done washing.

1 Like

Good for you, that’s awesome…..bet you can’t wait.