Off-site fleet washing

The potential contract in question would require offsite washing, dozens up to a couple hundred vehicles. I have a couple rough draft ideas but would like to hear some of you guys opinions. I will provide any further info needed. Thanks

1 Like

I dont know what you’re particular question is but I’ll bite, we’ve been fleet washing for many years now.

1 Like

Where should I wash these vans? It must be done offsite. I know it’s a logistical nightmare but could be profitable and consistent.

So your saying there is not water on site and you have to haul it in ?

No issue with water. Vans must be physically washed off site from their parked location.

1 Like

We wash off site occasionally with no water to hook up to , we can wash around 3 full size tractors with trailers with 550 gallons of water. Typically its 150 gallons to 1 tractor and one trailer.

2 Likes

Ideally its better to have the whole fleet in one place to wash so you don’t have to move around alot but if you have to I’d charge accordingly for drive time, setup time etc. We generally don’t travel to wash just one tractor trailer like a house washer would

1 Like

It’s a delivery fleet so there is enough volume and consistency to be worthwhile, if I can come up with a location. Im in the brainstorming phase with this. Considering either renting a lot nearby or using a big box store but that’s not my preferred route

Id prefer renting a lot , big box stores might give questions about water reclaim etc. If your washing in a gravel parking lot in my area we don’t get questioned about run off as long as your responsible.

2 Likes

Amazon vans ?
Is the customer delivering the vans and taking them off site after wash ?
Are you 2 stepping ?

Yea they’re Amazon Vans. I think a 2 step will be plenty on most every one. I think lot rental is the best option so far as well. There’s not an issue with reclamation here either but definelty wouldn’t have to worry at a private rented lot. There’s no chance to wash on their property with reclamation either.

You could also look into one of those inflatable “tarp” things. You drive the van up on it and then it holds the water in. Then just pump the water to a safe location or collect it and haul it off.

1 Like

Well I think a close rented lot with water will work, You’ll have to pay for water I’d imagine and lot rent, We use the customers water 98% of the time ,the other 2% is charged accordingly per gallon and a haul charge if hauled in. Now you got to see how the vans will be delivered and stage them correctly at a distance to wash and then the customer picks them up correct ? Im also thinking they won’t let you drive them due to insurance correct ?

Just have them meet you at the car wash and send them through the automatic.

3 Likes