If it were that simple, don’t you think some of us would’ve figured this out by now?
As others have mentioned the powdered pool shock has been attempted in the past with horrible results.
It’s a good idea when asking a question like yours, to mention your reason or intention behind the question. That way, you can save everyone (including yourself) a bunch of time if it turns out that what you’re thinking of doing with the information, is impractical or impossible.
Yeah this isn’t going to work well for you. Powdered pool shock is calcium hypochlorite as opposed to sodium hypochlorite which is a liquid at room temperature. From what I’ve read calcium hypochlorite will not serve your soft washing purposes the same way as SH. The cost will be higher but your work will be the quality you need with SH and you will just have to factor consumables into your rates.
The first explanation of SH dilution ratio that makes sense, THANK YOU! One question, I know, here it comes What would that dilution ratio be using a chemical injector DS’ing from the pump? Say, after 100/200ft of 3/8 hose? Any way to control the flow other than metering? Thanks for any advice!
You would have to do a test on your machine to see what percentage you are pulling with your injector. My current setup is pulling about 10% so if I’m using a 6% mix which I do, I can safely assume about a .6% solution hitting the house. If you’re not using a mixing valve then you have to adjust your mix in your soap tank before downstreaming.