Contractors license?

In California we are required to have a contractor’s license for any job done over $500. I’m trying to decide if it would be better just to get a general contractors license rather than a specific pressure washing license since my business also does gutter cleaning and window cleaning? What would you guys recommend? My concern is if I get up contractor’s license specific to power washing would that also cover me for doing any window cleaning job or gutter cleaning job over $500 in the state of California? Would I just be better off getting a general contractor’s license since I have the experience and time?

You need to ask your state licensing board or whatever it’s called there to see what they recommend. There could also be different regulations county to county so call the counties you’ll be working in too. They will be more than happy to help you figure out what you need to do. With all of the crazy regulations California has I’d definitely talk to them before doing anything. Most states have small business divisions that are there to help when it comes to stuff like that too.

1 Like

There’s 49 other states to choose from…

Jk, but not surprised.


499$ special. Lol or bill it separately

Maybe New California will be better


This has been talked about plenty of times on the forum you should be able to dig something up.

Great advice. Thank you!