Hey guys, I could really use some help here. I am almost done building my first setup and having issues with the pump delivering high pressure when fed by the buffer tank.
Some points to note:
- The buffer tank has a large opening at the top to allow air in
- When I connect a garden hose to the pump it works perfectly fine and I have great pressure
- On advice from this board, I removed from the pump inlet the garden hose connector F-GHT and installed a 3/4 NMP to a brass barb which connects to my 3/4" buffer tank supply line. Right or wrong I now have no way to connect a garden hose to the pump. I may rethink this later.
- The machine is a belt drive 4k/4 Simpson with a Honda GX engine
- With this issue, I am getting about 1 GPM and just no pressure. When I am off the trigger I do see the PW and the lines flex-up indicating a fair amount of pressure. When the trigger is squeezed I get one blast of pressure then it dies down to about 1gpm.
- I am using spa and hottub line which is 3/4" ID It’s pretty rigid and I’ve seen others use this line too.
The buffer tank is a 50 gallons which is not elevated but I have 30 gallons in the tank and the water level is deff higher than the pump.
I disconnected the buffer tank supply hose at the pump inlet and water does flow freely.
I made sure the 3/4" line from the buffer tank was straight with no 90 degree turns.
When I open the dump valve which I have on the supply line (seen near the filter) I am deff getting plenty of flow.
Getting frustrated with this issue, any suggestions?