Whats this on siding

So i used SH and simple cherry for the first time. I usually use eliminator. Im sure i put way too much cherry and it actually clogged the down stream filter at one point. My question is… Are these stains from the excessive simple cherry? (White spots are rain drops on lens) These pictures were taken 2 days after the wash…

BermudaOne Pressure Washing & Restorations

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

It looks like missed dirt. It’s not running downward like a mix would be. Also the siding looks oxidized and chalky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like you’re way to close forcing water behind the siding and some oxidation. First rehash and stay farther from the building.

I wasn’t close at all. So how does it become oxidized? So will the rewash fix it?

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

Did you have anyone else help you on this job? Just thinking someone helping you may have pushed it a little too close while washing.

This pic def looks like too much pressure on slightly oxidized siding.

I also see some running from underneath the siding in other pics too.

You got water behind the siding, when you left it came out in several places and brought dirt with it. When it evaporated the gunk is what’s left behind. This usually happens if you are to close. The arc of water should be downward when it hits the surface.

An how do you fix moisture behind siding.

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

You need to rewash the house and this time dont stand too close and dont use such high pressure. What size machine are you running and what size tips are you using?

8gpm 3000

For some reason my helper used the shooter tip on most of it

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

The shooter tip is the reason for the problems, it should only be used on the higher areas and you do not need to stand next to the house to reach the peaks. The tip forced the water up and behind the siding. Your helper either needs to be retrained or let go.

Trick is to not get it there in the first place, which is technique and practice. I’ll try to describe downward arc. Picture water leaving your nozzle going as high as it can. The point where the flow starts coming back down is where the downside of the arc begins, you need to stay far enough away that only the downward flow hits the wall.

So what is a good tip?

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

Are you referring to the shooter tip that guy was selling? If so, there is nothing wrong with it, the problem is how you use it

What Jim said.

is this vinyl or aluminum?

Vinyl

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488

Turns out it was just runoff. A 3 day rain cleaned it all up!! Thanks for the help guys!!

Richmond, VA
804-617-1488