Fatboy Bandit vs.?

The Proportioner is a nice set up. It works with Air Diaphragm pumps and Electric Chemical pumps too. Not much to go wrong there. It uses well tested valves and connections.

A booster pump is designed to boost the pressure it is not designed to increase volume. A lot of people selling booster pumps claim they are 7 or 10GPM pumps, but if you look at the model number of the pump and go to Goulds, (or who ever makes the pump) you will see that it is a 5GPM pump. 5GBS0714P4
Download the manual here and read page 5 to figure out the code.
http://documentlibrary.xylemappliedwater.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/22/files/2012/07/B5-33GB-R4.pdf

What a booster pump will do is deliver the water to higher places without loosing as much volume as a smaller pump would. it is all about pressure versus volume… then you throw in Lift… This is where the booster pump seriously out performs electric 12 volt pumps and small air pumps.
A booster pump has several impellers and a shaft seal. The impellers are resistant to corrosion (engineered composite?) that are in Stainless steel housing. Doubt it is as good as Teflon or kynar. They say it is good for pressure washing and spraying, but never mention anything about chemicals, so who knows. It also has a mechanical seal on the shaft which in this example is Vinton. They also cost like 650 - 850 bucks for a 5 gal version depending on who you get them through.
You will also need access to 110 electric or bring your generator.
Bottom line I can run chemicals through just about any pump, the question is how long will the pump last and how cost effective is it?
How long will it last running standard house wash thru it? How long will it last running higher roof mix thru it? I cant answer that because I don’t own one. Goulds makes good pumps so I assume it will last a while.
Keep in mind there is 14 impellers and a shaft seal to maintain/replace if it takes a dump…

1 Like