Maybe I’m a little bitter about how I can hardly get Simpson to warrantee a pump with an advertised five year warranty, but you can get a grand returned and keep the machine.
But something feels sketchy. Especially with a Honda GX390 on it.
In other words, you’re running a scam on them and don’t want them to figure it out? Just exactly how do you “jinx” a refund? It either is or it isn’t, no such thing as “jinxing” it.
I’m pretty sure I read a little over a year or so ago about people ordering stuff on Amazon and then saying it never showed up and telling Amazon they want their money returned instead of the product and I’m getting the feeling that that’s what’s going on here.
.[quote=“squidskc, post:27, topic:8582, full:true”]
I’m pretty sure I read a little over a year or so ago about people ordering stuff on Amazon and then saying it never showed up and telling Amazon they want their money returned instead of the product and I’m getting the feeling that that’s what’s going on here.
[/quote]
I am sure that he would have had to sign for an item of this value.
Wow. Didn’t think I was going to be scrutinized for deleting the post saying they wernt going to refund the pressure washer first. I deleted it to avoid any confusion but obviously just made more. The ad said no refunds however when I contacted them m they told I would receive a refund however it would take 3-5 days to process which I believe is standered.There’s nothing “scammy” about it…I called and said I wanted to return it and they told me they would refund it and to keep the machine something about because it has gas in it, it can’t be shipped back…that’s it…nothing more…i bought it from Amazon… and didn’t want to go into any details until it was all said and done to ensure I wasn’t passing along information that was not correct. I have really enjoyed reading the post on this forum and have learned a lot and hope that can continue without having to defend myself.
I caught myself being judgemental without knowing any of the facts. Not my business.
I am a little bitter because of the warranty thing not the $1k and a brand new Honda.
I deleted the Amazon picture but only because it had my mom’s name and zip code on it.
At the end of the day this is a phenomenal place to learn a ton, but you shouldn’t really care what anyone thinks about you. 1/3 of the people aren’t going to like you, 1/3 will like you, and the other 1/3rd just doesn’t care.
There’s nothing wrong with it right? It’s just that you bought it, and decided you didnt want it? If so, that’s crazy that they are going to let you keep a $1000 item because of buyers remorse, lol.
I think i had something similar happen to me with Amazon once… where i needed to return something, and they said to just keep it, and refunded my money. I think it was only like a $25 item, though… never thought they would do it for something like this.
Well, you do admit that a company just giving you a free item of nearly a thousand dollars value is going to raise some suspicion? I have returned many things purchased through Amazon going back 10 years and I cannot recall a single time where I was told to keep the item. Here are the last 5 things I returned to Amazon and all of them had to be returned:
Fumoto F-109N Engine Oil Drain Valve
2.7" LCD Dash Cam FHD 1080P Dashboard Camera
Narciso Rodriguez for Her Limited Edition Eau de Parfum Spray with Atomizer, 2.5 Ounce
RIDGID Wet Dry Vacuums VAC4000
Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch, Blue, Silver, Large
I’m not saying this to call you out but to show you how fantastical that sounds. Thus the reason for the skepticism.