Did my first commercial job today! In my Prius!

Trust me, you’re not the first one on here to underbid a job, including yours truly more than once. But even if I do, I’m going to do the best job possible because it reflects on me and my company, whether I underbid or charged too much, the outcome is going to look the same. You never know who is going to see your work. Maybe another tenant in the center you were at, maybe a regional guy in charge of a lot of stores, maybe some dude who owns a million sq ft of warehouses in your area bringing his kid there. Every job you do should be the best you can do it. But that’s just me.

I appreciate your efforts to learn and you have. Some things you learn on the job, but cleaning concrete, I bet you can look out your window and see dirty concrete everywhere. Even if just a couple of sections of your drive, a relative, parents, friends or just some curbs. Someone’s got to have dirty concrete. You live in Southern CA, there’s a trillion feet of dirty concrete out there.You’re welcome to come down here and I’ll give you all the training you want.

You got some good advice before you did the job but you decided not to follow it or even try it as far as I can tell. And though the rec weren’t what I would have used, they would have definitely helped and it would have cost you less than $10. You missed a great opportunity to see if the products recommended worked for you… Intro and Concrete Question - Commercial - Pressure Washing Resource

So yeah, the results are ok, but do you want that to be representative of the best work you can do? And I have no problem with you under bidding a job to get some experience and exposure starting out, but use it as a showcase for you and your business. Don’t cheap out on the customer or give it your best because you made the decision to accept the job.

LOL, look at it this way - that Prius probably worth more than Innocent’s and my truck combined, so I don’t think maybe $5 worth of soap in your mix would have killed you.
And I did give you kudos for going out and hustling up the job. Just keep learning, you’ll be fine.

7 Likes