Cheap business phone lines

For 80 cents per month, 0.9 cents a minute, you can set up your business phone.

VOIP provider.
https://voip.ms/en/rates/united-states

SIP phone app.

You can have these go out to as many phones as you want. You can set up call waiting and different automated messages for the time of day etc. Send voice mails to your email, text to your email. Have phone routing so when a customer calls it goes to phone 1 first then after a few rings it also rings on phone 2 and so forth.

You can even set up greetings for before the phone rings, options for directories and such. If anyone needs help I can provide some advice or guidance.

You can also have the phone hooked up to a computer as well.

custom extensions are easy to set up.

I use this in combination with the bria phone app for andriod. It works great, but is a battery drain.

1 Like

get your voice overs here

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music-audio/voice-overs

1 Like

Looks interesting, thanks for the heads up. Im going to need a local line soon… I wonder how they are on area codes? I would use google voice, but they dont have any area codes local to me.

Area codes are fine. I got one from a rich area so people think my business is located there. When I call out it says “Power washing”

You can also run the phone off your computer and your smart phone at the same time.

You can have the phone line run off as many devices as you want. It’s a very powerful provider for a tiny cost. You just gotta have a tiny bit of know how, or do about an hour of googleing / asking their the provider through their online chat.

1 Like

Ok i looked it up and they have numbers in my area code. Going to look into this heavily in the next few days. Looks very promising, especially with the perks you listed. Thanks. Do you do the $4/month unlimited thing?

I do not do the $4 per month unlimited thing. Most phone calls are around 3-4 minutes. This is about 3-4 cents. If I get 100 calls it will be about 3-4 dollars. I have not checked, but I think I am under that.

1 Like

I know they are becoming less common, but is there a way to send and receive faxes with something like this? Or an alternate method that could achieve it without needing a landline?

Yes, this same company offers virtual fax. You will need a separate number for the fax line. I don’t know the rates for these though. I am assuming they are cheap as well.

Fax gets sent out and you receive them through email.

Perfect. Looks like it is a $2 month charge, and then about a nickel for each couple of pages. May hold off on getting it until i really have the need for it. If i do, it will still be cheaper than getting a landline just for faxes.

Sounds like a good plan. I like to nickle and dime everything if I can. You don’t make money by spending money. Well you can, but you understand.

I know I got a few other tips, but they are slipping my mind.

Get your voiceover from Fiverr.com if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself.

If you need help setting it up I can walk you through it.

1 Like

Thanks. Last question, what about texting? I see that SMS is offered, but if i am reading the wiki correctly, it looks like it has to be done from a computer and not your cell phone? Am i correct on that, or can you text with it?

I do not have the answer to that one. I do however have mine set up for the text to be forwarded to my email address.

I see options for forwarding the email to another phone number.

I also see an option for sending a text through their website.

A cool thing is you could also forward the text message to a webpage or script and have it go into a CRM if you ever wanted to get into programming or website stuff.

1 Like