You guys actually go and look at every job?

Just like the title says, when somebody calls you for a quote do you physically go and look at every job? I have had people in the past tell me we got the job for exactly that reason, they liked that we physically came out and looked at that job. However, it doesnt seem efficient when you look at it as time=money. Especially when youre driving the work truck!

There has however been a few cases that we google map the residence for the quote, but when we get there realize that we way under cut overselves! I usually judge off time and how long i feel each job will take us.

If a residence is not close I will measure on Google maps satellite view and look at what I can from the street view and I give the customer a rough estimate. I make sure they know that it could be a little different once I get there but it gives them an idea about pricing. I’ve had good luck because it weeds out the picky people who are gonna gripe about price without me wasting time and fuel.

1 Like

My hearts desire is to only do work that can be seen and sold from afar and that the client be out of town when the work is performed.

6 Likes

dont yah love it when they micro manage?!

We rarely ever go out to give an estimate. We ask several questions and give an estimate over the phone. we’ve only had to charge more a couple of times. Like Tim, we also pull of pics online as much as possible.

We try not to go to the home. Ask questions and use apps to figure it out. If it’s a custom home or upper scale we will go out and get eyes on the property.

Micro managing suck’s…
Customer- Stare’s, that water look’s wet…
Me- Yeah, We usually use dry/evaporated water, but it seem’s to work wet as well.

1 Like

If it’s close by where I’m at I will, other than that I just quote over the phone

when they say give me a Ideal on a $$ job… I tell them I got a min of $500.
I do get there i tell them it could be more many times it is… Like Aron said Google Map you can see the whole place right there give a good price and be close… When they call me I’m home I get on GOOGLE they are shocked I’m looking at there house and give them a price… Most say OK and I’m closell
LIke that guy 40" Prevo?? $300,000 motor home he wanted washed told him $200 over the phone…no call back yet