X-Jet or 12v pump

Thinking of getting an X-jet (M-jet actually) for some of the deck cleaning and stucco I get from time to time. Looking for some pro’s and con’s between x-jet vs. 12v pump. My thinking is I get the x-jet to spray the precarb and oxilic for decks at $140ish. Cheaper and simpler than getting a 12v pump thing going on?

Newbie here, also have deck and fence jobs from time to time. What’s an x jet? Any pics?

It’s a chemical injector that draws a higher rate than a downstream injector. Link below.

Ahhhh ok. Not much experience but I would think the 12V would be better because the m jet looks like it’s more for long range applications

Not even close - 12V - I’ve got both, and both good to have, but I use my 12v for something nearly every day. I’ve used my xjet once in the past 6 months. Can use the 12v for nearly anything. Transferring chemicals, roof cleaning, house washing, fence and deck cleaning, spraying some acids, pre and post treating drives, etc.

4 Likes

The xjet m5 can be a shooter or twist it and has a fan spray. It comes with proportioners so you can get as high as 1.6-1 ratio or as low as 100–1. Maybe lower but who goes that low.
It comes with a 10 ft hose but you can add on to it another 20ft. One end goes in a bucket the other end goes to the end of your wand.

And now trivia. What does M5 stand for?

Lol. You got me. Do tell

Mike, Mrs Mary, Julie, Michael and Christina. Mike Baker named it for the 5 people in his family. Julie’s twins and my son are graduating together Wednesday. Good family

3 Likes

Can you get me a discount I need a another one.

Did he invent the original xjet as well?

He did. Once the patent expired on the original he put the M5 out. I had the privilege of having them years before they were for sale. He is retired. Sold Xterior to someone else and his daughter went to work for my local Landa dealer.

@Innocentbystander. You’re like the Yoda of pressure washing :+1:t3:

3 Likes

So the 12v can be used for everything, including brick and stone houses? And the pressure washer is mainly for flat concrete surfaces like a driveway?

So @Racer are you reaching high areas or two stories with 12v? And if so what 12v are you using I noticed a post that you posted a 12 North Star sprayer but wasn’t sure how you are running that or something similar I looked at a 12v but only has a 20’ hose

Use it for spraying acids and transferring bleach and as a backup if my Fatboy 12v went down.

2 Likes

I use my 12v mainly for roofs, stucco if its too bad to x jet and pre and post treatment. Everything else is DS from PW. I cant move as fast with the 12v so I use it where I need a higher concentration only

3 Likes