X-Jet help, again

Guys, I’ve tried to search and read up on this, but I’m just not finding the info that is making the light bulb go on. Not sure the difference between the regular and M5, so can’t decide which I want. Want to wash the occasional house, I don’t do this full time. 40’ sounds plenty to wash a 2 story house with gable end. I have a long extension wand and ladders but trying to get away from all that and use lower pressure and right chemicals. Machine is 3750/4gpm.

xjet is to be used when your electric pump up fails. Downstream is to be used to wash houses.

To Counter Tims point above, X-jets are to be used to do a house wash twice as fast…Time is money:)

1 Like

[MENTION=2754]John T.[/MENTION] last year you wrote “We also have a shut off valve on the end of the hose so we can pop off the M5 x-jet and use it like a twist nozzle. That goes from a fan spray to a zero degree spray in no time.”

Could you explain how to do that exactly? (I’m not allowed to post the link to the thread I guess.)

Also, still don’t understand exactly how the M5 is different, or which I’d want.

Sure Jeff–My guys usually pop the X-jet off but they can also just close the chemical valve on the hose up by the X-jet so no more chemical hits the surface being cleaned. This way you can use the X-jet for rinsing if you want.

The M5 X-jets are adjustable. You turn them one way and you have close to a Zero degree spray(Probably more like 5 degrees). You turn them the other way its like a 60 degree spray for closer up cleaning.

The regular X-jet use to be that you have to screw in a tip to change the spray(Might still be like this) The M5 is what you want.

Hope this makes this a little clearer for ya.

1 Like

Does the X-Jet do 0 degrees and the M5 only goes down to 5?

No. I had M5 X-jets since they first came out. The original x-jet was a 0 degree spray for distance and for close up you screwed into it a tip that was aprox a 40 degree spray. The M5 is the same thing but all you have to do is twist it to go from 0 degree to a 40 degree spray.

Get the M5 X-jet

Both the original x jet and the M5 x-jets seem to be more of a 2-5 degree spray then a zero degree spray but both are advertise as a 0 degree to a 40 degree spray.

Thanks guys. By the way, I’ve listened to the whole debate about DS vs XJ and I was planning to DS, but there’s a little complication in my machine and I just thought this was easier. Does XJ tend to spray a little higher? I understand it can push more chemicals.

My X-jets sprays about the same distance as my J rod soft wash nozzles. Get the M5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What’s the chemical to water ratio that the x jet picks up?

That depends! Most do a five gallon bucket, two gallons SH 3 gallons water and 3 to 5 ounces of soap. The pickup is gonna depend on your machine, and what insert you use.

1 Like

Is if I had a 4000psi 4 gpm machine and used the x jet, what would be my final product ratio going onto the surface being cleaned? I know my inline inductor will do a 80% water to 20% SH when I’m using it… Just curious how much more this would pick up.

It comes with a chart, and about 10 proportioners. You can get whatever mix you want.

Hmmm so you can use it with a roof wash mixture for tile roofs effectively?

If you want to lug a five gallon bucket around a roof, and refill it all the time with no water in your mix, it might work. Very impractical for roofs.

John T, are you making a joke?? XJet faster than DS. I hope so, cause im laughing at that one!! (Don’t mean to offend you, but I don’t want others to be afraid if the benefits of DS) Maybe better in your circumstance or setup, but if the DS is set up correctly it’s much much more efficient. I started with the M5 XJet too. Especially when you have 2 guys unroll 2 guns to wash a house! I couldn’t imagine 4 hoses at my feet!

LA Pressure Washing LLC
“Taking Pride In What We Do For You”

I use to DS but it was never as efficient in my setup as X-jets. If you want a great answer from a guy who makes a Ton is Jeff LeCours who is referred to as the Condo King. There’s a reason to that …X-jets.

The reason why X-jets works so much better are: They can draw alot more chemical and you can use any length of PW hose and the X-jet always works. My guys have tanks on a Dolly which are easy to roll. None of our hoses or guns ever rot out because we use…X-jets. There’s never a problem with the soap draw because we use X-jets. We can go with alot higher chemical mixture and rinse fast hence house are done twice as fast—X-jets.

So like Jeff LeCours the Condo King who was on cable TV 2 weeks ago always states and I’ll repeat it “I love my X-jets”

The m5 is a adjustable spray pattern and the xjet is non adjustable.

I can honestly say I’ll never jump on the xjet bus. I don’t dilute my house wash “mix” at all unless I’m doing a high end beachside houses that has sensitive landscape. There has been times I DS a true 20% on sideways, walked away, and when I came back it was fairly clean… And that’s with Florida mold. No reason to carry around extra stuff all day long. But that’s me personally and I know everyone is different.