X-Jet help, again

What’s the chemical to water ratio that the x jet picks up?

That depends! Most do a five gallon bucket, two gallons SH 3 gallons water and 3 to 5 ounces of soap. The pickup is gonna depend on your machine, and what insert you use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 Like

Is if I had a 4000psi 4 gpm machine and used the x jet, what would be my final product ratio going onto the surface being cleaned? I know my inline inductor will do a 80% water to 20% SH when I’m using it… Just curious how much more this would pick up.

It comes with a chart, and about 10 proportioners. You can get whatever mix you want.

Hmmm so you can use it with a roof wash mixture for tile roofs effectively?

If you want to lug a five gallon bucket around a roof, and refill it all the time with no water in your mix, it might work. Very impractical for roofs.

John T, are you making a joke?? XJet faster than DS. I hope so, cause im laughing at that one!! (Don’t mean to offend you, but I don’t want others to be afraid if the benefits of DS) Maybe better in your circumstance or setup, but if the DS is set up correctly it’s much much more efficient. I started with the M5 XJet too. Especially when you have 2 guys unroll 2 guns to wash a house! I couldn’t imagine 4 hoses at my feet!

LA Pressure Washing LLC
“Taking Pride In What We Do For You”

I use to DS but it was never as efficient in my setup as X-jets. If you want a great answer from a guy who makes a Ton is Jeff LeCours who is referred to as the Condo King. There’s a reason to that …X-jets.

The reason why X-jets works so much better are: They can draw alot more chemical and you can use any length of PW hose and the X-jet always works. My guys have tanks on a Dolly which are easy to roll. None of our hoses or guns ever rot out because we use…X-jets. There’s never a problem with the soap draw because we use X-jets. We can go with alot higher chemical mixture and rinse fast hence house are done twice as fast—X-jets.

So like Jeff LeCours the Condo King who was on cable TV 2 weeks ago always states and I’ll repeat it “I love my X-jets”

The m5 is a adjustable spray pattern and the xjet is non adjustable.

I can honestly say I’ll never jump on the xjet bus. I don’t dilute my house wash “mix” at all unless I’m doing a high end beachside houses that has sensitive landscape. There has been times I DS a true 20% on sideways, walked away, and when I came back it was fairly clean… And that’s with Florida mold. No reason to carry around extra stuff all day long. But that’s me personally and I know everyone is different.

I can run 12.5 % through my pick up and sear some siding if I want. It’s way too strong. Point being. I don’t have to lug around a jug of bleach and can go as strong as I want. I can’t imagine toting around bleach on a dolly doing residential properties,. This debate will go on forever ! Happy washing !

1 Like

Am I over simplifying this but doesn’t the X-Jet and the DS Injector do the same thing? Both use a venturi effect to draw in a solution, mix it, and then apply it? To me the only difference is where you put the injector and some marketing to sell it. I get the X-jet can be tuned but so can a DSI. I understand with the X-Jet you can go back and forth from application to rinse without having to go back to the truck / trailer but in some cases the time I lose lugging the bucket with the X-Jet or if I need to refill it dwarfs a trip to my truck. And before anyone comments I actually use both methods X-Jet and DSI depending on the job I’m doing. Both methods work, both have benefits and drawbacks.

Now what I rely like is my proportioner system, allows me to adjust mixes on the fly. No batch mixing and wishing it was weaker or stronger.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear/see more on your proportioner system. Mind sharing?

1 Like

Alex I sent you a private email, did you get it?

Yes, sorry for not getting back to you. Thanks very much for the info. I’ll definitely be looking into that system when it comes time to add roof cleaning.

I am also wanting to start roofs. Can you tell me about your proportioner system ?

I use xjet m5 on roofs and absolutely love it. My ground man fills my buckets which is about 3 times on an average 2000 sq ft house. I dont use a proportioner. I use straight chlorine. To each there own I guess.

The biggest difference is with down streaming your running the chemical through you swivle, reel, hose and gun… With the xjet your just running it through the x jet and of course you have to carry a bucket around…

Paul_kelly ever use x jet on red tile roofs? Was it successful? Straight 12%?

Yes but it gets slippery. Always tie off