Would you attempt this

So I almost drove off the other day, but I had to show everyone this pic. The lady doesn’t know how old the roof is. If I was to do it I would make her sign a form stating that I am not responsible for any damage that may have already occured but has anyone ever done a roof this bad?

Nope…

That’s a walk away.

1 Like

Same. Not a chance.

Needs some landscaping.

1 Like

Go up to the peak with a leaf blower and see how much of that mess will simply blow away. I came up to a house a few weeks ago and it looked pretty bad, to the point where my initial thought was to pass on it. But I figured I drove out here, let me do my due diligence. I discovered that half the stuff blew right off without leaving any damage behind. If it’s really as bad as it looks from the ground, then yes, I’d say pass. But it may not be anywhere near that bad.

1 Like

What KNB said. To me it looks like a bunch of pine needle and,stuff laying on it. Tell the lady for she may pay you just to blow it off to determine if it is worth washing. On a side note be careful there could be a lot of rotted wood under all that

And you’d still take your chance for a couple hundred bucks or less?

Being a roofer as well as a pressure washer, I can assure you that the odds of this roof being that weak are the same as any other roof. The edges are the most prone to water damage so climbing the ladder and using your hands to feel what the edge feels like is a good indicator. And if you want premium assurance, just ask the customer if you can take a peek in the attic and see what the wood looks like. No biggie.

1 Like

Look at the trees behind the house. I’m willing to bet a large majority of that debris blows right off.

I take a chance every time I haul a trailer, drive a car. Climb a ladder or walk on slippery surfaces… When on a roof I try to only step where the rafters are I also try not to put direct instant pressure on my step I kind of slide my foot out there and press a little before stepping… There’s no guarantees when it comes to roofs even when tied off guys find a way to hurt themaelves… I just try to go slow and be very cautious…

Roger.

Thanks guys. I’ll be back out there Tuesday with my ladder & leafblower. Will Keep you posted!

I’d have to agree with KNB exteriors, go up there and blow the debri and then analyze the roof. Up sell the house too, looks like the northside is in need of cleaning.

Everyone has there limits but seriously dont see how roofs get easier than that one. I do a lot of tile roofs and they are way more dangerous. But I was a roofer as well so im use to being on a roof.

So I got up on the roof today and it was like Bilbo Baggins bought a split level. The middle image with the shingle was after I lifted off a section of moss with my hands. Showed the lady the
pictures and said she needs a new roof.

Oh yea. Major granule loss. Definitely needs a replacement.

That’s one for the record books!!

Unreal that people let shit go that long…

Since 2001 she said. What’s sad is that if she had someone treat it every few years this wouldn’t be an issue. Ironically there was a leafguard gutter system with moss growing in it.

Great camo lol. I’d do it for a pretty penny and a signed disclaimer.

1 Like

Its gone but if your there already you can clean that off pretty quick with a p.w. or a rake lol

1 Like