Won't Start did put stopped

ok this is the deal with my new 24hp honda… Been sitting a week last time i cut off the gas… today i had a job before I started I cut off my water to the pump. I open the filter took i out cleaned it… Ok my gas been off a week. turn key.
its slow to start it does start runs a few sec the just shuts down… Turn the key and it will do NOTHING not make any noise no clicking the hrs does not come on… This unit had 38 hours on it.

I look and I did FORGET to cut the water back on from the tank to the pump…
I went home got a charger thinking battery…i have 2 battery’s… My 12v pump works fine… My electric reel does fine…

something has shut it down???

So, you seized up the pump?

Low oil shut off will cause it to run a couple seconds then stop. Check engine oil.

30 amp mini fuse behind key switch.

i checked the oil before I always start

bystander that is not a Phillips i was starting to strip it what kind of screw is that?

Probably a torx. You can get them at just about any hardware store.

99.99%

bystander you are Da Man it was a phillips was just so hard to get offf.
then you got covers connetions but it was a blown fuse.

bystander what caused it to blow u think??

Weak link with the Honda’s. I hope you ran a pigtail out while you had the cover off. Next time it will only take 5 seconds to change the fuse. I know I’m the grumpy old guy but I got a grasp on what I do for a living lol.

4 Likes

no sir old man as I don’t know how to pig tail…
yes u got the grasp on how to do things right in this bizzness…

cut the wire in half, solder on a six inch extension and heat shrink it. Now when the fuse blows again it is easier to get to.

1 Like

I’m having same problem, my gx630 unit won’t do anything. Changed spark plug, battery is good, and 30amp fuse is not blown. My hours show up so I know it’s getting power but doesn’t crank at all