Who makes a 4.5 or 5 GPM pump

I think I’m just going to wait a couple of months to get a new pwer so I’m going to change pumps instead

new website out …google.com found this …

http://www.watercannon.com/p-4671-45gpm-4000psi-20mm-solid-direct-drive-plumbed-cat-pumps.aspx?gclid=COifu7nN088CFdgOgQodhNADGg

$669…very expensive upgrade. for a 1/2 gallon of water per minute more.

Yes agreed but thanks

Personally changing pumps is pointless, and you might as well wait to get the whole set up.
Depending on what your average gpm at the spigots of the house’s you do, you may still end up needing a buffer tank. Direct drives have a really hard time pulling from a tank and you will still need a belt to pull from a tank. So if you put a 5gpm direct drive pump on there but the house is only putting out 4.5gpm then now your starving you pump and will increase the wear and decrease the life.

If you plan on waiting to get the belt then just keep doing what your doing and not ad anything.

1 Like

I can pull from my tank now I just never use it

Most of the house put out about 6 gpm

you have a picture of the machine you use now ?

It’s been a great unit for 5 almost 6 months no problems

That can’t be a 13 h.p. ( ? ) 4 g.p.m. ?

Yea gx 390 4000 psi 4 GPM with a cat pump

If you insist on changing pumps (please don’t) call Russ at Southside equipment. He will recommend the one that works best and can steer you clear of the cheap pumps that won’t pull from a tank.

But for real, just sell that thing at the pawn shop and buy a new machine. This is a business for you, right? Not a low-buck hobby pastime?

1 Like

I’m sure i’ll get some chuckles out of this post. But I wanted to show Masterblaster57 what it’s all about.

Used equipment that actually has been worked to death and still to this day operates efficiently and reliably.

I know these machines so well, because i’ve worked them to death and make my own repairs on them.

Not the prettiest machines ,but they are both work horses. Both older Honda motors. ( 2003 )…

The 13 h.p.(with AR 4 g.p.m. pump ) ( my first machine ) was bought in 2003 from Northern Tools on credit. The bigger machine ( 18 h.p. Honda GX610 )… found on Craigslist =$950

with a General Pump TS 2021 ( technically a 5.6 g.p.m. ). Love this machine. The one that runs all day …

Very dependable. and Yes, in the back ground that’s a Udor 10 g.p.m. pump… I plan on hooking up to a 21 h.p.

Honda, and of course buying a trailer and a tank.

Wow dude did you make those

no…bought em. These are how the older machines were made. Now you see cheaper looking machines being made.

Hand carved from a block of rust?

3 Likes

" Mummy…I want to be a window cleaner when I grow up " !!

Hey it’s a great career. If you can get some support from your mummy while you’re getting started, that will be helpful for you.

The point of the post was to show the young-new- guy you don’t need brand new equipment to make money.
If you’re on a tight budget go ahead and buy used, and learn how to replace parts, and repair a pressure washer. It sure will come in handy when you’re out in the field. Everyone wants shiny ,brand new equipment and they they scramble trying to figure ways to pay for it, because they never learned the marketing part of the business. I’ve done it all.I’m a one man show…You don’t need brand new equipment !

Your post had a point? Who’d a thunk it!