White spots on tan siding

Did you check for oxidation before washing?

No. How do I do that? Spot test?
Also, this spotted area is only on one section of the house.

This is the area that I had to use a ladder and a pole to apply gutter grenade.

If this isn’t a stain from the GG it’s too much Elemonator or not rinsed out well enough. Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Seriously.

If it’s oxidized and the GG removed it there you gotta do the entire side. Is this the sunny side?

1 Like

squidskc,
Is this a typical looking GG stain?

Do you mean that I have to Magic Eraser the entire side?

Yeah, this side does get sun, but it had a lot of green on it before I washed it.

That’s what I was getting at. I think the GG ate oxidation. finger wipe test tells you a lot
GG works by removing oxidation. Many steer clear of it for this reason

2 Likes

If it’s Elemonator runout and there’s no oxidation you can clean the white haze off with a magic eraser. Still going to have lighter spots.

If it’s GG stains you’ve gotta apply it on the entire side.

I can’t tell which one it is without running my hand on the siding or seeing in person.

Copy that. This was the first time that I used it.
Would you also recommend Magic Eraser?

Not if it’s GG stains. The Magic eraser will take off the oxidation just like the GG will but you’ll be there a month of Sundays doing it by hand.

I hear ya.
So what if it is GG stains? Am I in a pinch?

Nope. People here have downstreamed it with good results. I have not. Gotta do some searching.

May just have to down stream the one side.

Downstream GG?

Yeah. F13 gutter grenade. You’re in luck. I wanted to read it again so here ya go.

Nice!!!
I read the whole thread.
I am a bit scared to ds GG, but if that what needs to be done, I guess its better than replacing their siding.
Thanks man!

1 Like

@SPC have you DS’ed GG since this house? Any words of advice here?

1 Like

It’s happen to me on my own house add to do the whole side by brush… I used vinyl renu tho

@aubryaj mix u up some f13 50/50 in a bucket and then DS it on the side wait 10 min and rinse with ur soap tip really really good.
Now after f13 is applied ull be able to see the oxidation run off the house. Also Make sure u wet everything down around that side.

I didn’t have to scrub any I just DS a 50/50 mix and waited 10mins some say 10-15 but I was worried about using so I only left it on 10

4 Likes

Pic not so good but it did great

2 Likes

I guess I will try and DS GG. A bit scared…
Here are some photos of the spots. It seems to be a white chalky stain. I thought that is was gutter oxidation residue and hit it with a normal house wash then rinsed. It actually made it worse.

@aubryaj that side of the house u see in my pic I didn’t even use a half of a gal of gg. I mixed it 50/50 made up one gal and then DS it, waited around 10 mins and rinsed like crazy with my soap tip.