White Austin rock with black stains?

Hey folks,

I’m on this project and I cannot for the life of me get this black stuff to go away. I’ve tried downstreaming 12.5% sh with eliminator, I hit it with pressure and yet it’s still there! I’m about to get a ladder and apply the sh straight to each rock… What do yall think?

Hot water…i keep telling you guys.

I NEED AN ADULT @Innocentbystander

1 Like

It’s limestone. I don’t get why sh won’t handle it

Yeah bro you’re on the right track. You just need more SH hiting the surface. You can “pump up” but it’s best to have a dedicated chem pump for stuff like that.

That stone is very porous and roots run deep. If it’s already been saturated it will need time to dry from within so it can soak up more chem.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you. I dont think i was letting it dry enough, and I dont thin think I had enough eliminator. I’ve got a pump up I’ll have to use a ladder and apply it directly… downstreaming it just isn’t getting the job done… should’ve charged more hahaha

Lesson learned.

Roof mix (50-50) should have taken care of it

Thats how I set it up, and barely did a thing. Going back this week with a pump up and hitting it with straight sh with eliminator. It worked on the bottom half that I could reach and the mailbox. Apparently it’s been there for several years. Lesson is I should’ve charged more. Oh well!

I’m not sure you needed to charge more. It might be that you needed the right equipment. Either a 12v pump from a mix tank or an x jet would take care of that in a jiffy and neither are expensive

1 Like

Yeah I’m looking into an xjet currently. My downstream setup is not getting it done.

Check out the m5ds for your downstream set up and the xjet m5 when you need to use a stronger mix but keep the ds set up because your not going to like carrying xpail or bucket all around

1 Like

Hand sprayer and a ladder worked miracles… time for an xjet!

6 Likes

Looks really nice now!

Black mold at leg level 50/50 pump up , any higher X-jet.

1 Like

Came out nice!

Honestly I used straight 12.5 with eliminator. Only had to do one pass, rinsed and it all melted off… my down stream I’m coming to find is a REAL pain… all my equipment i run cleaner thru and my stuff is still corroded and cracking. I just quit my full time job to do this full time, got super busy and now I’ve had to stop for a week while waiting on replacment parts. NOT happy about that. Xjet ASAP

What is corroding and cracking? Typically a goid reel will last you 5 or 6 years. Other than that there should be nothing else that corrodes. Can’t picture anything cracking. Xjets are awesome for a couple of things but they slow down the wash process tremendously and use a lot of pressure compared to downstreaming

My hoses are fine, its all my quick connects seizing, my wands and tips all turn white and I treat all parts with wd40 at the end of the day.