Whats Your Google Ranking

What are you guys ranked on a local pressure washing search on google? I used to be ranked 7th but I recently moved up to 5th! If you click this link Lcpwashing.com and go to my page It’ll boost my page SEO and I might be ranked higher (optional of course) Lol. Comment a link to your page and I’ll do the same for you!

We can all help each other out.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are moving up. Nice website. Want some critique? Ok, no problem. (haha)

You’ve got a pretty cool logo… although it strikes me more as “LXC” than “LC”… but in your city, it might be a little more obvious that it’s LC. Honestly, I’d just change the name to LXC because it sounds cool and the logo looks cool, hah. Plus then the name wouldn’t be tied to the region when you turn into a franchising tycoon. :smile:

In my opinion, you should make your logo at the top bigger on the landing page, it’s kind of hard to read as is, and looks a tad out of place being so small. Maybe re-position it over the picture or something… or better yet… make the picture the entire screen and get rid of the blue background, then put the logo somewhere near the middle of the screen. That might be a lot depending on who is doing your website, though. An easier option would be to remove it from the lower left, then make the top one really big, dropping down into the picture, and split up the navigation links on either side of it. Just some thoughts, but i think it would be worth playing around with.

Capitalize the “c” in the tab name of the website, also on your blog post from June.

I think you can do a lot better job with your services video, especially since you have the headset. Just do a montage of short little realtime (or slightly faster) work, and before and afters of several different surfaces. After 1:30, when you switch to the fast-forward time lapse for the rest of the video, with the loud techno music… well… it’s too much for the casual consumer, i think. All that time on the concrete, and with the jerky movements, isn’t really conveying what you are capable of. Tone everything down, and show more of your overall work.

Oh, also not sure about the picture of the guy pressure washing barefoot. :smile:

Dont take what i am saying the wrong way, it’s a solid website… these are just some tweaks i thought about. It’s just hard for me to not critique websites and marketing material, haha.

Hope not to offend. Sounds like you are doing good work!

3 Likes

Having people go to your website doesn’t boost your Google search ranking. It matters how many links to your site that are posted on different websites. Google takes the amount of times that it’s crawler find your website’s link online and ranks the website.

That being said, almost no one pressure washes in my area. I’m #1. It’s got me 0 jobs, so far. But it has gotten me 2 turned down jobs. A roof wash and a water carry job, niether of which I do.

1 Like

Think he is just trying to get link on forum pointing to his site. Agree with tireshark on video. Need to keep it much shorter. The main link on your website goes out to your web designer.
Also Google cracking down on using same article for multiple pages. Looks pretty spammy too. If you’re going to use your blog, write fewer in-depth posts that actually have some useful info.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll get t work on that. And the barefoot guy is not me or any of my employees lol

1 Like

That’s good info to have. Thank you for letting me know. I had it backwards haha. That’s kind of disappointing about the lack of jobs from google though. I’ve been working hard trying to increase my rank.

That’s good to know too. I’m obviously relatively new to the SEO stuff. Thank you for the help!

Nice job with the google reviews, btw. 24 5-star. Do you do anything special to get people to leave a review on google? Or do you just briefly mention it, or something?

I think it’s only marginally helpful if people from outside of your area go to your page unless something has changed or you’re a giant company getting thousands of searches each day.

For example, if someone in Kansas City has location enabled or they’re always searching for “XYZ in Kansas City” the search engines can reason that they’re from that area. When the click on a page with Kansas City all over it it means a bit more to the search engine.

Then say they decide to click on a website for a small service company in Wallabingobango, Washington out of curiosity. It doesn’t quite count the same.

You did more by putting your link on this forum than if 10 of us clicked on it probably.

Great job on the reviews! I’m fanatical about getting reviews. We’ve got nearly 70 via various outlets and I think reviews are free money in the bank.

You reminded me of Nicejob. I signed up for a few months ago and get a lot more reviews now.

Cool, i will check that out. I’ve been thinking of stuff i can do to make the review process as easy as possible for the customer… like printing out a sheet that gives the exact steps, or emailing them a link, or something. Looks like that app might do something similar. Thanks.

I don’t know what my ranking is but I get 20 calls a week from salesmen that sound really worried about it.

1 Like

I get one a day maybe. 20 though… I’d toss my phone.