What's the best concrete prewash mix?

What’s your process going to be ?

I just got a 6gpm with 16hp engine reg wand… I just usually spray water to clean this concrete is pretty dirty thought to add a bleach…

any plans on getting a surface cleaner ? I’d get one a.s.a.p.

On this job one area is 20x40 swimming pool area, Patio and then triple garage/pea gravel drive way 60’ long…

I have a classic…

Pea gravel driveway i’d bleach first. Can be a real pain to rinse too…

I’ve done a lot of jobs and I just usually WASH WITH WATER and it all cleans up good.

Not done any steps do this 1st and this 2nd I just wash and done with it…

Sure I COULD do it better// of my 10+ jobs I never had a complaint always good job…

Just thought id add some stuff to my water to see what it does??

Pretreating lets you work faster with the surface cleaner. The point of a surfactant is to break down and loosen dirt.

1 Like

what’s the answer to my question of WHAT AND HOW MUCH do I add to my 250 gallon tank of water??

you want to add it to a buffer tank ?

First i really hope you are using a down stream injector and not running chems up stream. It will corrode your pump if you run chem through it. Also legally you can only carry 1000 lbs of chem before you need a placard so using your 250 gal and carry at or near capacity is a no go.
As for what you put in it, it depends on what you like and what your cleaning, there is not a one soap does all. For the most part just put what ever soap you want in it, unless your targeting a certain type of stain.

How much SH depends on how dirty the area, how much your injectors pull, what % SH, and more. Just throw some SH in a bucket, DS it, surface clean, rinse, and post treat if you want. Most people just use their house wash mix to clean concrete.

1 Like

Do you guys know at about what percentage of SH will it start killing grass? I’ve been experimenting with my X jet and if I cut the flow down at least half I’m pulling almost 50/50 chemical. I’m assuming that would kill grass if I’m using 10% SH?

Any percent will kill grass.
Keep the grass water down before, during, and after.
If your using that mix on a “normal” house then its too strong and you just wasting chem. Even concrete i dont go that high, i just down stream. If your using that mix on concrete water the edges first then pre-treat, the little bit off over spray shouldn’t kill the grass. If your working on a house that has expensive vegetation around the house you can lay gypsum pellets to neutralize the Sodium along with watering down every thing.

I am useing ebc with a little bit of water and bleach for my driveways ,

Where you get ebc at??

Get mine from power wash store

We use a three step process the prewash is more about how long its left on the concrete. We apply and let it permeate the dirt, algae and filth and continue to wet the area as we are waiting. We don’t let the concrete prewash dry prematurely. Once we know its ready we then apply our next chemicals.

Cool story.

2 Likes

Yes, very informative.

I just go with 3% SH, about ½ oz. elemonator and 6oz degreaser per gallon and give it 5-10 minutes. I keep a spray bottle of stronger concentration degreaser and a stiff deck brush if there are any bad spots. I know the degreaser isn’t really needed most of the time, but it’s not expensive and I figure most driveways are going to have some traces of oil/grease or whatever else nonorganic, so I just automatically add it.

dang, just realized how old this was…