What kind of roof cleaning pump are you using?

Gas driven?
Airflo? 12v?

What kind of pump are you using and why are you using it? Are you thinking about changing?

I use a Flojet Pentaflex 7 gpm 12 volt pump. I have had it over a year and it is still going strong. I have choked it down with small tips but somehow still haven’t burned it up even though I don’t have the accumulator hooked in. I have two Fatboys as backups but when this one dies I’m pretty sure I’ll be grabbing another couple. It just seems much beefier and less finicky than the Fatboy to me.

I don’t clean roofs every day so a 12v is fine for my use.

1 Like

We have a John Blue pump 4gmp gas powered.

Durable and reliable

I have both a Flojet and an Allflo air pump.

The Allflo and air compressor are just sitting in the shop. It’s so much easier to just flip a switch and hear the quiet hum of love pumping, without the recoil start breaking every other time you go to start the air compressor.

I need to interview both of you for two articles I’m writing.

Been running the Fatboy for 2 seasons. Besides blowing a couple of fuses no problem. I think having an accumulator makes a big difference

I am using an allflow, but I use a fatboy for a transfer pump and I have the fatboy and a regular delevan for a backup

We use the Fatboy with the accumulator. Were on the second season with this pump. Remember to Rinse after EVERY use.

I started out with a Delevan 5850 and was totally in love with the Fat Boy until I tried the Flojet Pentaflex.
This thing is a stone cold killer.

http://www.powerwash.com/flojet-r7300142a-12vdc-diaphragm-pump-with-epdm-valves.html

I’m really interested in trying the 24v version next.

We have been using the bandit for the past year or so. Its been working great.

Fatboy, but like Thad, don’t clean roofs everyday.

[MENTION=6943]Pressure Wash[/MENTION] have you ever tried a Pentaflex Flojet?

I have had the gas roller pump, air pump, twin pump thing and now the fatboy. The gas roller pump would shoot anything!!! Wouldn’t last. This fatboy rocks…very happy price, shot is good and dependable.

Sent from the truck, lake, game, movie or job site

Fatboy with a 5850 backup.
Started with a 2 cylinder piston pump with a 5.5 hp Honda. Ten gallons a minute at 200 plus psi. That thing would squirt. Don told me that it wouldn’t last but I never imagined that the pressure relief valve would hang up and it would just keep building pressure until the hose connection blew at the gun. Which filled my sons shorts with very hot love. Fatboy.

Not yet.

We use air pumps, and have a couple FloJet Pentaflex Back up’s that were modified by Bob at Pressure Tek.
We do a LOT of big, steep, tile roofs, and must throttle our pumps down, to avoid excess run off.
No problem for our air pumps, but 12 volt pumps don’t like this constant cycling.

All you need is an accumulator tank.

I need to buy some chlorine pumps shortly and would like to know how the odor pumps are holding up? I here that the John Blue is a good pump also, what would you say??

Hey Tim was that the Zeta or a JB?

It was a Hypro 5210C. Definitely not rated for Hypo but it’s what we had on hand when we decided to go clean roofs. I want to hook one of those up for a rinse pump for the ground man on roof jobs but that hasn’t happened yet.