What is wrong?

Hey, last year i bought a subaru ea175 pressure washer and it looks like a bolt was bumped and broke Off and was leaking (picture 1)so i easy outed the bolt and put a new one in it(picture 2 top left corner) and i started it and it doesn’t leak anymore, but the problem is when i start it there is no pressure, what could this be? I am assuming the bolt that broke wasn’t a bolt and it was something important,and i can’t find a picture or diagram of it because it’s a subaru and i guess it’s rare, here is a picture of the pump model number(picture 3)if anyone could tell me what broke off or why there’s not pressure that would be great

Maybe not a bolt but the Thermal Release Valve went there?

here’s a link for a similar pump not hure its the same but may give u a clue 95af5183-3adb-4710-ba24-5bf91ab8855c.pdf

i think that is exactly what it is, would that explain why there is no pressure?

I don’t use these residential grade pressure washers for my gutter cleaning but I still think you can figure this out. Ryobi has a web site with pressure washing service manuals on it. You might want to try going that direction. I always do an Internet search for service manuals as the first step!

Tony
Pro Long Roof Care

1 Like

Possible if the bolt u put in is screwed in all the might not be letting water thru to pump

1 Like

so today i got a chance to loosen the bolt that i put in there while it was running, and the water stream didn’t change at all, do you still think that the thermal release valve is the only problem?

so I’ve been reading and i read that lime buildup is a big problem, so since it sat a couple months before I tried to use it and it wouldn’t produce pressure, i thought i would try tapping it with a rubber mallet,nothing happened, but i read if you put vinegar in the pump it will eat away at the lime,so i put some in there pulled the cord a couple times put some more in there and let it sit for about 5 hours,came back and it works great, but if someone else is having this problem a little tip is when it starts pumping again remove the pressure nozzles so the lime can flush out, but it works, i just ordered the thermal release valve and that was not the problem,it works with the bolt in, you just can’t let off the trigger, thanks for the help