What hobbies do you have outside of work? anybody like cars?

I feel like we are all only on here for advice and to talk about work 99.9% of the time. So lets stray away from that a bit, when you guys arent working in the nice weather (i know that can be very rare) what hobbies do you guys have? Anybody have an interest in cars? Spend that money on any thing cool to show?

1 Like

I recently built an 88 Fox body with a LS 6.0 and 4L80E. 78mm Turbo with progressive meth injection. 8pt cage. Everything on the car is new except the body, glass, and wiper motor. 38k in parts. All my labor except welding of the cage. Should make 700hp at the tires. I burned out on it and have not yet tuned it for the boost. So it sits. I also love shooting. More than a few guns. 7 ARs lol

I build computer rigs.
I like sailing and skit shooting, wich i dont do much now a days.
I am a gamer and own a BF1 server
TAG, is th e name of our server.
#1 world wide.

I play tug, fetch, walk, do stuff outside with, hangout with my girls and the little old man. I hunt in the fall and winter and fish as often as possible. Anything outside is my hobby.

1 Like

1 Like

Love driving around for no reason on back roads in the bike and Jeep. One of my biggest passions is hiking with the wife and pups. Nothing more relaxing then a peaceful walk in the woods.

2 Likes

Jeeper here too

1 Like

Wow…great topic.

In order of frequency :slight_smile:

1. Avoid IEDs laid by ISIS…improvised explosive drama from my wife of 20(0) years.

2. Not crash on Track Days with my BMW RR/XR sport bikes chasing 20 something’s on R1s or Gixxers.

3. Drill Water Wells in Central America (El Salvador and Guatemala). Clean water is non existent and it is paradoxical I waste thousands of gallons of it.

4. Build PCs myself and not a gamer as explained in #1. Trying to find a antivirus to the new “Fileless” virus that resides in your RAM and will steal 30 million identities this year according to CarbonBlack

1 Like

Probably the only thing that I do that could be considered a Hobby is read the PWRA, but I tell my wife it’s R&D. x)

I like to drive around neighborhoods with the wife and check out stores like Kirkland’s or Home Goods.

I don’t have time for hobbies, we have a two year old and a seven month old, any time off is spent at home, but the wife is a stay at home mama, hence why we drive and have date night every Wednesday, we drop off the kids at Grandpa and Grandma’s and go out to dinner and check out stores.

2 Likes

I play guitar and piano, and like to sing. More guitar than piano. Got the guitar on my lap right now, working on Under Pressure.

2 Likes

nice! im more into imports but can appreciate a clean fox body. Just finished a toyota supra should make mid 600s on pump gas. BW s366, AEM v2, id1000s etc etc. Stock unopened long block on a built 5 speed.

1 Like

Big gear head here too. I also try to do some shooting, ongoing house remodel, traveling, and just chilling with the wife and dog. Just finished the 2nd rebuild of my 1996 Camaro SS this year. I would probably be retired if I put as much time into our business as I have put into my car!! Here’s a video after the first rebuild. New setup is similar but a little more stout. My garage pal is walking around in the video too.

Last rifle I built: Zastava M77 in 7.62 X 51. Makes all my other guns feel like toys!

2 Likes

My hobbies seem lame. I hang out in the woods wirh mt boys and tinker in the shop maling stuff that had no practical purposes for the most part

Here’s my guitar, and an old upright piano. I bought this guitar about 15 years ago at a Walmart for $60. It plays and sounds great. I’ve even had very experienced musicians pick it up and start playing it, and remark on the playability and sound.

As you can see, it gets used. Play nearly every day… hours at a time sometimes.

Here’s my digital piano… great for plugging headphones into, to play without waking the neighbors. Plus it’s always in tune, hah.

2 Likes

thats a clean SS!

Your jeep is about 50 years newer than mine

1 Like

In no particular order Bowhunt, Fish, Golf and motorcycles. Grandkids when they are in town but Dad’s stationed at Camp Lejeune so usually just in the summer. Don’t do any of them as well as I used to because I work too much, at least that’s what my primary hobby of 41 years says. She would be the first one BTW.

1 Like

I like to hunt, fish, cast bullets, reload and shoot.

And, I have always loved cars, airplanes…and single action revolvers.

4 Likes

When I’m not working I only want to play with my girls, ages 3, 1 and another girl due this February. I use to hunt, shoot, ride my Harley and fish with my dad. I’m sure when they are teenagers and hate me I’ll be sitting in my tree stand again. Until then I’m happy being home.

Pretty cool thread. Seems like you guys like all the same stuff I do.

2 Likes

Nice collection