What are some little things you always forget to have handy that I could get from Home Depot?

I just received a $100 Home Depot gift card. I was thinking about getting a new push broom and maybe a new 100’ supply hose. What are little things you always need but forget to keep in stock?

1 Like

If I had $100 at Home Depot I’d spend $70 on these threaded brushes, $20 on microfiber rags, and $10 on spring clips.

If you don’t have one already get one of the 3M masks with the pink filters for roof cleaning and disposable gloves

Degreaser

And what squid recommended and or save some money for later when you realize you need a specific item

1 Like

… I really need to get a mask.

Yea I’m not trying to play around with cancer, so i wear long sleeves, big straw hat, disposable gloves for roofs, the mask, and my next move is start using sunblock, at least on my neck

1 Like

I really dont like putting lotion or sunscreen on my skin, but ive been using the spray on dry stuff on my arms recently. Always wearing gloves and a boonie hat. Think im going to get a boonie hat with a flap in back, for the back of my neck.

1 Like

@tireshark @jhh being Irish means I gotta be a sunblock aficionado… the dang mask though… every time I try to order one on Amazon it asks for face size. I have no clue so I never pull the trigger. I keep saying I’m going to go a safety supply place near here and ask, but it still hasn’t happened. Just ordered a medium on Amazon since you reminded and I’m hoping my fat face doesn’t let me down.

2 Likes

Silicon tape
Stem key
Snips yellow
Zip ties
Strap downs
Adjustable wrenches
Channel locks
Self tapping screws
Ear protection
Scrub brush on pole

Or just a nice cordless drill.

3 Likes

@618Pressure scratch my earlier post. Buy a mask.

What’s a stem key?

1 Like

What size gloves do you take? Put your hand to your face. :nose:

I always use Vaseline cream. I get from dollor store. That stuff is a good shield from chems. I also rub in some sunblock. Go IRISH

2 Likes

Huh. I couldn’t find it.

It’s that little 4 way tool to turn spigots.

1 Like

Man… my hands are freakishly large compared to my body. I’m 5’10, 190 lbs… if I grew into my hands I’d be 6’5 and play in the NBA. I could never be the Donald’s hand model.

2 Likes

Oh weird. We call that a water key here. lol I guess scratch that off my fun shit to buy list.

1 Like

water key

1 Like

618, you can get a nice 20’ unger extendable pole for $35. Will get gutters up to two stories.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unger-8-20-ft-Aluminum-Telescopic-Pole-with-Connect-and-Clean-Locking-Cone-and-PRO-Locking-Collar-962780/203177326

Also:

Duct tape (sometimes i get the gorilla tape if i need it for something important)

1/2" hose clamps

I use yellow teflon tape and Rectorseal Tru Blu on all my fittings, can get both at HD in plumbing department.

Bleach may not be good for the lungs but it isn’t a carcinogen. I’d buy $100 worth of welding tips and wire because tinkering with metal is more fun than washing

2 Likes

If you don’t breath in the bleach, how do you expect to stay clean on the inside??? When I was growing up in south FL we were bombarded by fog trucks they would just cover you in a cloud of pesticide and if they didn’t get you the tanker planes would douse ya… I think I’m a little late to start using a mask… lol
I guess next you all will tell me to wear gloves when cleaning a drain…

All kidding aside get the mask…

3 Likes

I try not to answer too many technical questions and leave them to the vets because I’m in the dark still on the tech stuff, but… why do you use these things? No clue what the difference is.

2 Likes