What advertising method is best

Ok guys straight to it what type of advertising has generated the most business for you I’m trying everything not sure which way to go?

Website!!!

Have one I’m also on Facebook and angies list thumbtack craigslist but still business is lacking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Pressure Washing Resource mobile app

Any other suggestions john?

I know every market is different, but where I am in Canada Google Adwords does bring in business.
A learning curve for sure with Adwords, set it up to run Search Network, by default it will run the
Search and Display network, which brings many clicks but no calls, costing you a lot of money!

Bill Sullivan
Bill’s Window Cleaning.
902-471-8008.

2 Likes

takes time and commitment, nothing is going to happen over nite, you have a web site is it on the first page of google, commit to it for a year and you will see results

For Small Businesses (Or Large) Marketing/Advertizing/Branding is built on a foundation…that foundation is a Website.

If your business is new (3 years or less) your Market “Visibility” is not familiar. You want to point your customers to your website…a professionally built, user friendly, high ranking website.

Do you have truck/trailer lettering or graphics? Are you passing out business cards like candy? Brochures?

How or what are you doing to maximize business “Visibility” in your market?

4 Likes

Oh, forgot to ask…where is your market?

I was in charlotte nc but to much competition. So I’m now in charlotte nc and Pittsburgh pa.

Yes I do all of that I heard about yodel has anyone used them and how well does it work for the money?

1 Like

Ok, so you “Do All Of That”…and you say nothings working…so you must not be “Doing It Right”. Plus there’s no such a thing as “Too much competition”, that’s an excuse for why your marketing plan isn’t working…Please understand I’m not busting your sack here.

It’s not “What” you’re doing…it’s what you’re not doing right.

Website listed on first page of Google? Professional looking truck, equipment, & personnel?

Website and all this SEO is great to get you are established online. Primary marketing. When just starting out, classified in local papers is effective.

Do good work and ask satisfied customers to pass on the word of your services. Nothing better, you are sold prior to meeting the new customer.

I mean I know getting established is hard but I feel like there has to be something else I can do.

1 Like

I appreciate all the advice given

Building a “Successful” business is a Marathon, not a Sprint…Time, Knowledge & Experience is the only magic bullet.

4 Likes

Yup. And some setbacks, financial distress, cash flow problems, credit limits, and just stress. Small business is hard. This is my 3rd one. And the last. Just work it the best you can.

1 Like

I love your design on your box truck by the way

Bobby,

Your work vehicle is a roving billboard.

Agree - This might be helpful…

we offer a tool that allows for consumers to 24/7 see what you do, what it costs, when you’re free and book themselves… I know, it’s new to you guys, but not small business or other services industries. It’s not and never would be a “silver bullet”, but it could be the only thing that will work around the clock telling people what they want to know to secure your business based on your services, your availability and theirs. It’s a differentiating bullet in your holster to offer at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost you to have one of those humanoids to do. Check it out - I’m telling you, I have heard “the same” old excuses since starting to talk to you guys in your industry that I did when I started talking to the carpet services folks 4 years ago. Ask questions - Get Answers - Form Opinions. FittleBug Work Smarter - Not necessarily Harder…

All the Best -

Steve

Another way to put it - If we were in the burger business, you are trying to sell just another burger and your burger is the same as all the other burgers out there. Find a way to set your burgers above the other burgers in your area and then SELL SELL SELL and start building your reputation around your better burger. Think McD’s, Friday’s, Red Robin, they are all selling burgers but each is selling their own burger which is different from the others and more importantly they are targeting different customers