Washing a wooden deck that's painted

What is the best way to clean a wooden deck that has been painted with “deck paint”? I don’t want to put a surface cleaner on it for fear of blowing off the paint. Just a chemical soft wash? Just some minor mold/mildew and a little grime, nothing serious.

I do these all the time. apply your regular house wash mix with soap tip AND when its time to rinse use your same fan soap tips AND hopefully u have a ball valve at your trigger gun??? I chock mine back to where you only have about 1/3 of your flow coming out of your soap fan nozzle. It should be approx the same pressure as if you had a water hose hooked to your house and you squeezed a regular water garden hose trigger back about half way. Any impact will flake the paint off… Gentle gentle gentle!!! House wash mix plus dwell time then very low pressure rinse will make it look like new with no flaking of paint

3 Likes

Perfect! I use my ball valve a lot. I blow leaves off of walkways before coming back over them with the surface cleaner. I’ve washed single story houses with just the ball calve. Thanks for the advice.