Urgent...siding stain

Got it.

That is oxidation. I can see it in the photo

yup oxidation, see lots of it down here Vancouver

i’ll never touch another house with oxidation. I had to hand wipe a whole town home once, with bleach and water. After I washed it twice. I had never seen it before .I know now— that i’ll never try and clean another one.

How do you know if there is oxidation before you wash it?

a spotty look( from afar ). Then you go an wipe your fingers against it, if a chalky powder comes off on your fingers, that’s “oxidation”.

Yeah, that was a while ago…it was oxidation…100%… hit it again with reg house mix…all good customer was satisfied…

I have seen many stains before and it is likely these were there before you ever showed up. I carry a camera and take pictures before I start. I walk around the house and capture everything that I find out of the ordinary. It has saved me several times. Sometimes I find that there are home owners looking for a way to get out of paying for a service. One guy tiffed me for $500 for streaks on his big window. I rinsed that window twice and it still streaked (or so he said I never got a look) and most streaks come from the minerals in the water after it dries. So start carrying a camera and start using it. my opinion fwiw

This solution is too weak (even if it’s 12.5%)-as you may have discovered already ! (? ) I hope it’s only 4 oz. per 5 gallons of soap you’re using ?

** Back to the main subject: Some folks here think you should detail the whole house up, and remove all stains on the house ,regardless of what caused them. This is a good way to get burned on every house. House washing is “maintenance” Not repairs.

Now they can pay extra for repairs…I have no problem with that !

Exactly, Even though I’m new to this industry, this is what I tell all my customers before and after the service.

Good luck staying in business

What do you mean by that?

Hard to stay in business by not getting a house cleaned. That’s kinda what we get paid to do. Or at least me.

I wouldn’t worry about that @Chris guy. Last post in February I don’t think he knows much about business or cleaning stuff.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Be nice troll from down under. He is a window washer so he doesn’t know any better.

Just kidding Chris. We love ya

Hey Buzz. My brothers survival bracelets in the wellington coffee news. Small world. Dad is home.Uploading…

1 Like

Haha I’m joking. Out if all the people on the internet who I owe beers to… @chris probably deserves the most.

Good thing I live too far away to run into him at a pub. :money_mouth_face::beers::beers:

Now I know why the granny ran over your dad. She was defending New Zealand against invasion from he mighty American economy.

It starts with bracelts and ends with a decade long occupation and you fellas selling arms to our neighbours!!

Well, that’s what the granny said.

Will your dad come back to nz? Or is he retiring early because of the accident?

I have no idea. He should have retired long ago but he has a lot of clearances that contractors want. As long as embassies are being built or upgraded he will probably travel