Trailer rig insurance

Does anyone out there or perhaps everyone carry some sort of theft insurance on their trailer rigs? My General Liability guy won’t cover it with any of his policy offerings and my vehicle insurance carrier won’t cover it because it’s business related.

Thanks,
Andy~Horizon Power Wash, LLC

Might want to get that checked out. I have a 2 million dollar policy and it includes $25,000 for equipment theft.

I’m dealing with the same issue. I have a 6x12 enclosed. You can get insurance for the trailer but while it is attached to your vehicle it falls under the auto insurance. That was from my All-State local agent

Xtreme Cleanz
Birmingham Alabama

205-966-0000

Yes, my wife and I just bought business insurance as well as equipment insurance. Make sure you get replacement insurance where they replace the equipment with new equipment, not pay you based on depreciation or you’ll end up forking out a large part of the cost if something were to happen.

1 Like

We also had to insure this truck as a commercial use vehicle and the trailer is insured separately from the truck.

Just to give you a heads up so that you don’t end up finding out the hard way if you got in an accident you now have to insure your tow vehicle under commercial insurance too if you were to get in a wreck and they find out you were doing business they won’t pay a dime

1 Like