Trailer build suggestions?

Hey all,

I wanted to get some advice on a trailer build. For years it has been just me, but making the step to start hiring and therefore finding it necessary to have 2 pressure washers. I have a 7000 lbs limit with my Ford e250. Own a 4gpm and thinking adding an 8gpm 3500psi. That would mean 2) water supply 22" titan hose reels stacked for a 275 gallon buffer tank. A 50 gallon and 25 gallon chem tanks. 2) 18" stacked high pressure hose reels. 25 gallon gas tank. That’s my immediate need. I want to save space in the future for hotbox on the 8gpm pressure pro (no generator needed i hear on the new pressure pros) and possible a reclaim unit. I do work in rural areas with narrow and sharp driveways. As far as the trailer it would be open 12-16’ tandem axel flatbed. Trying to find a good balance between sufficient space and ideal maneuverability - leaning towards 12’. Thoughts?

My questions are:
How do you like the 8gpm 3500 psi machines?
Is 270 gallon buffer tank big enough to keep up with these machines (4gpm and 8gpm) in your experience?
I am leaning toward a 12’ trailer but concerned about space. Is a 14-16’ a breeze to maneuver - 12’s do you wish you had more space? 14-16’s is maneuvering an issue?

Thanks y’all

Have everything you’re talking about getting. Just went to a 14" and glad I did. Just make sure you get a dual axle. Tows and steers much better. I even moved my reels to the ladder rack to save space, but I also have proportioner and roof cleaning sytem on trailer.

8 Likes

Nice and clean…

Looks good.

The reels overhead are a great idea!

1 Like

I like for the placement, but it’s a whole different set of muscles when you’re rolling up. Used to always wonder why PW’s needed electric reels. Now I’m kind of thinking about it, lol.
Especially at end of day if you’ve had several jobs and all your hoses out.

1 Like

Smartest thing I did was to order w/o the big rear tailgate. So much easier in and out of trailer now and I use to bust my ass on or trip over that darn tailgate at least once a week. Made for good signage space, but was only redeeming factor.

1 Like

Can you send an up close picture of how you mounted the hose reels to the ladder rack?

1 Like

I slipped down my tailgate in my muck boots yesterday morning and decided it was coming off pronto.

2 Likes

I just ran another 2" by 2" piece of angle iron parallel to the outside rail and bolted through. Going to try to shoot a detailed video today anyway if I get done in time.

1 Like

Smaller rear sign now mainly showing number. If they can’t figure out what I do after seeing trailer then they’re not smart enough to be my customer.

3 Likes

thanks man thats simple enough trailer looks great!!

2 Likes

Looks great! Do you think the 12’ would have been too small? How does it do in awkward turn arounds and small driveways? How is the trailer working out for you overall?

PS just finished that big roof cleaning job, looks great.

Thanks

1 Like

Congrats on the roof job. It takes a little more room to turn around over the ten, but the ease of backing with longer tongue and just so much better towing makes it worth it.

Depends on how much stuff you plan on carrying. A 12 may work fine for you.

1 Like

Hey Racer, You think its possible to double stack those hanging reels?

I guess you could if ladder rack can stand it of fastened securely enough. Going to be fair amount of torque on lower unit I’d think when rolling up.

I just ordered a larger 14’ trailer today. I have a friend that welds and I will have him cut my rear gate down to about 2’.

1 Like

I had a tandem 12ft trailer on my last build with a hot water skid w/a 300 gal leg tank. It was very tight. New trailer is a 14x7 tandem w/a 230 gal leg tank, tons of room for surface cleaner 24” and chemical tanks. Always go bigger then need.

Racer,
I realize this post is a couple years old, but I am about to hang my reels from the ladder rack like you did. A couple questions…

1. What type/size bolts did you use to secure them, and are they enough?
  2. Any other tips/suggestions since you’ve had this setup for a couple years?

Thanks for any info

Think I used 5/16 ss bolts - 4 per reel. No problems but depending on your height, don’t be too far up, different set up muscles rolling up when they’re high.

Hi, I would suggest going with the automatic reels.

You could also consider building an aluminum table. This costed under $1000 to have it fabricated.

1 Like