Titan reel fittings

Got my reels today. The 12" black ones from pressure tek. I can’t figure out the best fitting to attach the hoses. I need to set up a whip line too. Help

You should be able to just unthread your QC fittings and thread them right in. Unless you have 3/8 inch hose and 1/2 npt. Then you can get a reducer bushing for $2.

As for garden hose threads they’re GHT not NPT. I’ll try to find the fittings and link them.

Ironically, I just took my two cox reels out of the box after they sat in the corner of the shop for 5 months.

On the bushing you probably want a high pressure reducer bushing I would imagine. This one is rated at 3000 psi

I can find both of these things at my local Menards, but not via their online search for some reason.

That’s what I thought I’d be able to do. Remove the fitting and the threaded section fits just inside of the 90 on the reel. Loosely. I guess it is is 1/2". Same size on whip swivel. Maybe I need a 1/2" male to 3/8" female

Should just need the bushing. Both ends of your hose should be male. Maybe I’m not tracking…

Yes. Both male with QC removed. I’ve gathered the 90 on the hose reel is 1/2" female. Guess the 1/2 male to 3/8 female is what’s needed. Ok. I ordered the reducer bushings on amazon. Have it Sunday. Thanks.

On many of these handmade Titan hosereels, use a 1/2" street 45 in steel for high pressure or brass for low presure or chemical on the outlet port of the reel before installing the reducing busing. It will help the hose lay flat instead of kink. If you are ever using these for garden hose reels, install 1/2" mpt by FEMALE GARDEN HOSE (NOn-SWIVEL) on the brass 1/2" street 90 instead of the reducing bushing. If you install a swivel, it will leak eventually.

5 Likes

Hey Lori!

In case you guys dont know, Lori is with Pressure Washer Products, and she REALLY knows her stuff. I am always seeing her offer great technical advice here and there around the internet.

Been using your Slo-Mo recently, Lori, and its working great. Awesome to see you here!

1 Like

I used stainless bushings and got it

Jamie (mostly) from All Carolina and Rick, the Racer, nudged me into this forum! Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to pay a distributors fee to be here.
I am glad you are liking the Slo Mo. Are you using 4-8 oz per 100 gallons for softwashing and less than 1 oz per 5 gallon bucket for downstreaming and XJetting?

2 Likes

Yep, Lori is one of the best.

1 Like

Glad you’re here.

Yes, I have been using only 4 oz. in a 50 gallon mix, and it is working very good, thanks!

@PWProducts yeah she is real helpful … she just help me out with my hose reels , think i talked to her for over a hour one day…lol

1 Like

This questio n has been answered many times before. Learn how to use the search feature. Hint, it is a little magnifying glass at the top of the screen. It will be your beat friend use it.

Weird malfunctions are happening all over the place.

Welcome Lori

Racer Rick… Thank you!!! Pleased to be among some wonderful people!