Texts from "prospective customers"

Over the past 6 months I’ve been texted by various out of town #'s wanting quotes for driveway and house washing, all out of my immediate coverage area. One of them was a vacant lot. The common theme is they are in the hospital being treated for lung cancer and want to get their property cleaned. ALL want to pay by CC. I finally replied with “I find it hard to believe you are in the hospital fighting for your life with cancer, wanting quotes to get your property cleaned.”
Has anyone else experienced this? I figured it was some type of scam, so I never bit on any of them. I call the # and its a voice recording stating that “your text friend” will return your call later. Weird.

Yes I have had a few of these text message quotes recently. Typically they even text you in a broken English dialect. I just immediately delete and block the number. I don’t have time to chase quotes for these scammers. Part of the reason I stopped giving quotes through txt unless I have already spoke to the person.

I do wonder though, has anyone actually gotten far enough to be scammed?

I got the same one, lung cancer and all. Call the PD cyber crimes unit. They reported it on a national fraud alert system.
Got a new one yesterday ph #262-777-4137 from alfredaaron677@yahoo.com. Can this be reported to yahoo?

Got another one, not a cancer pt, but a “hey, here is Dave Thomas, do you do exterior power washing and do you take credit card?”
I responded with we accept credit cards that have not been stolen …
No response, then just to poke the bear I replied again with a
“I’ll be forwarding this number to police for credit card fraud”