Surface cleaner question

How would I be able tell if my surface cleaner nozzle tips are out

of what?

The tips ? How would I be able know when to change them

When they don’t clean as good as they could.

1 Like

I have a classic I was told I needed 2,500 does that mean size or psi?? or what?
send me a site where to order these at?
What size does it come with. I have a 4,000 psi general pump?

Thanks

What you are looking for is tip size. There is a chart that will tell you the tip size you need based on GPM and PSI.

http://envirospec.com/catalog/nozzle-chart/

If you put a smaller tip on the PSI increases and the engine must work harder to push the same flow.
If you put a bigger tip on the PSI decreases and the engine doesn’t work as hard to push the same flow.

2 Likes

remember to divide your nozzle size by 2 or 4 depending on how many nozzles your surface cleaner has.

1 Like

Tell the vendor you bought it from what you have and you need new tips. If you bought it from Power Wash Store, Pressuretek or a reputable dealer you will be good.

1 Like

You’ll notice them not cleaning as well. You may even notice a change in the way the surface cleaner feels. Take a look at them and you’ll be able to tell. Those things get pretty dinged up over time and eventually the nozzle opening will get bent out of shape. When you get new ones compare them to the old ones and just keep the difference in mind. Always keep a couple spares with you. You don’t want to have to leave a job over a tiny 5 dollar part.

2 Likes