Simple Website Critique

Hi everyone,

My website is still a work in progress, mostly trying to get my photos of jobs edited to create a better before and after gallery and I am writing articles to populate a blog to help with SEO and helping visitors learn more about what it is that we do.

Just curious if there is anything that stands out as something that will turn off someone coming to check my business out.

http://curbupllc.com/ is the homepage.

Thank you for any help! You guys are awesome!

hate to say it but that logo top left needs to go. It looks way too unprofessional.
Focus on what will get the phone to ring. Customers don’t care about logos . If they’re an eyesore, yea, they start to care.
Any logo will do. Clean and simple. They’re there to see your work.
They know you’re not a graphic designer.
My website is 8 lines of code… My gallery is on FBook. so as to not clutter their minds so early in the game.
The link is there at the bottom of my page so they can browse the gallery after reading a small paragraoh of my sales pitch or resume’ of who I am. I work as a one man show . And focus on that,.

Thank You for your response! I will look into the logo ASAP.

So I did my own website too Acadiana Hydro Kleen. I recognize it needs to be professionally done for optimum results but right now just starting up I chose to spend on marketing material such as flyer’s, yard-signs, rack cards, door hangers etc etc. I kinda agree with the logo comment it does need work, but it does matter as it will be on everything from business cards to side of your truck. I used Rob Jones (rjjonesmail90@gmail.com) he did mine at what I thought was a reasonable price and for a few dollars more he did a banner for my Face Book Facebook Page and I used it on LinkedInLinkedIn.

Now for the website I used WIX. BUT MAKE SURE YOU OWN YOUR DOMAIN!!! Buy it yourself through a registrar like namecheap, godaddy, or host gator. If you use an all in one it can be hard to transfer it if you get a pro to do web work. I think your website needs more text on the pages. Google and Bing crawl pages and use the text for search results and rankings aka SEO. I’m no expert but you can muddle through it and teach your self a bit to get started. But to be honest it was a pain in my ■■■ and if I would of had the money someone else would have done it.

Here’s the important part to remember. You are making the effort to to move forward and I and others should applaud you in that effort alone. Something I read on a locker room wall when I was in junior high school “It is better to have tried and failed than not tried and succeeded.” It was an away football game and it was in our the visitors locker room. They were a smaller school, had smaller players, and by everyones account they were the underdogs. They kicked our asses. Take their drive to succeed, their willingness to try, and not fearing failure they simple out played us.

Let me know if I can help or if you need more info feel free to call me or send me a PM.

I have a list of articles I will be writing and posting over time to help with rankings. I also have done guest posting and backlinks as well as social signals through many different social networks (Pinterest, FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) so the SEO part will be taken care of in due time.

I do need to overhaul the logo. I never got a chance to do any split testing, life happens as they say. I am part time as of now and hoped to get to full-time before the end of the season. That may not happen and I’m okay with that, as long as I’m moving forward of course.

I’ve gotten most of my work through Thumbtack, tear-off flyers (with a phone number only), word-of-mouth through friends and family. It’s not been much (~$750/week) for the last couple of months, but for only washing on Saturdays I can’t complain. I’ve gotten nothing but great reviews and had happy customers which means I’ve enjoyed it fully since day 1. I just need to get my ducks in a row so that I can utilize AdWords and organic searches through good 'ole SEO.

Thank you for the help, it really does mean a lot !!