Simple Minded Folk

I was SC a lot Friday evening (5-26-17), and I noticed one of my customer’s employee’s walk over to the water spigot and turn it off. This spigot was feeding my buffer tank and my buffer tank was located on the other side of the building. If I had not seen this fella turn off the water, I could have caused damage to my pump. So, that got me thinking… Is there a way to put a lock on the water spigot so simple minded folk don’t turn it off while it’s in use? I would suggest using some sort of don’t turn this spigot off hanger, but I doubt that would do the trick. I spoke with the simple minded fella and asked why he would turn the water off and he said because it was dripping water lol. Anyway’s, if anyone has any knowledge of a locking mechanism that can be placed on a spigot, I would greatly appreciate it. :grin:

I would just get one of those frost protection covers, cut out the bottom of it so the hose can hang, and write something on top of it.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Standard-Faucet-Cover-1980/204759226

I’ve had this happen a few times at this one job, i seriously think it’s on purpose.

1 Like

You need a sign with a stick figure getting hit in the face with a red-tip stream, and says: “Warning, to avoid injury, do no turn off!”

6 Likes

I thought of using something to that nature, but you’ll always have that one person who can’t read and will turn off the water anyways. i may have to manufacture something myself.

Take the knob off…

3 Likes

Something to this effect:

1 Like

Thought of that too, but alot of them are rusted and I don’t want to take a chance of stripping a head out or breaking one lol.

Try using a valve lock out such as this. Brady Gate Valve Lockout, Fits Sz 1 to 2-1/2, Color: Red 65560 | Zoro

1 Like

Why not zip tie the hose to the spigot?