Sidewalk Expert?

Hi Guys and Gals,

I’m a window cleaner by trade but a Fast food restaurant customer asked me about powerwashing 6 of their stores’ sidewalks/entryways/patios. I’ve been researching multiple sites all week and I’m looking for “yay” or “nay” on some of my conclusions. I’m not looking for pricing help, although I’m not opposed, just looking for the best method, least time, least headaches, best results, correct way to do it. I own zero PW equipment and have PW’d one house a few years ago, which I enjoyed doing.

I drive a Prius, live in MA, am willing to invest in this (including a new vehicle), since it would be continual cleanings for a reliable customer who pays, with opportunity to expand within their chain of dozens of stores locally. Additionally, I’m pretty sure the money is better than Window Cleaning, so I’m looking at this as an opportunity for growth. I’ve been in WC biz for 10 years.

Here’s the rundown:

SCOPE:

• 500-1000 sq/ft per store
  • no parking lots washed
  • no building washed

SURFACES:

• brushed concrete
  • cobblestone patios

SCHEDULE:

• once a week or bi-weekly

CONDITION:

• hundreds of black gum spots on concrete
  • black traffic paths in front of doors

So here’s what I need some feedback on:

WASTEWATER RECOVERY:
Yes?
Laws vary state to state?

If so, EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
Is this machine the best solution, cost aside?

Lowe’s or HD would not carry what I need, true? powerwash.com would be more like it?
Truckmount best? Esp if water recovery?

H2O:

• minimum 3500 psi?
  • 5-8 gpm?
  • hot water essential for gum, true?
  • if hot water, no soap/chemical needed?

OK, pls fill in any blanks I’m missing. I will continue to scour the site for more info in the meantime. Much thanks in advance!

Jordie

Are you required to reclaim ? If “yes”…You’re talking a large investment for a small return.

Even if i was able to sell the parking lots - 10k sqft approx, per store?

A little more feedback would be helpful.

parking lots are asphalt correct ? Only thing i’ve heard about cleaning chain restaurants is that they like to get you all set up and excited and then want you to scale back on pricing or they threaten you with searching for another contractor . I may be wrong. Anyone else care to chime in ?

Hot water is the best thing for me and it makes cleaning concrete driveway sidewalk patios a breeze it’s quick just keep some extra seals on hand

Yes, i agree about hot water. I’ve done more research and it seems like the machine that i posted in OP is the best solution but more investment.

Thanks for the input!