Shopping centre

Hey all, I was asked to give a quote for washing interlock around a shopping centre. The interlock I am not concerned about I have 8 GPM hot water machines and a surface cleaner.
The concern is that I was also asked to price washing the inside of the canopy around the bulding to remove spider webs etc. it looks to me that the electrical was not set up for any sort of washing Any ideas?

When in doubt walk away

2 Likes

Yeah that is what I was thinking, give a price for the sidewalks and explain that I am unwilling to take on the liability and risk associated with washing the over hang.

1 Like

You could give them a quote contingent on them killing electric to that area and inform them to wait a couple days drying time before they turn it back on.

1 Like

I sent an email with pics last month to a development company that asked me to bid a shopping center in a not so great part of town. Due to the foot traffic we would’ve had to wash overnight which I didn’t feel was safe. Also the electrical outlets were missing covers and we’re very low to the ground. Exposed to water and everything.

I politely passed on the opportunity.

I got an email back two weeks later saying that none of the other companies that bid on the job explained the electrical issues that they could very clearly see from the pictures. The development company is in Ohio and had no idea. Their intention was to sell the property and they would have to take care of those things anyway.

They asked if I would be willing to bid after the outlets had been waterproofed and if they hired a private security company for the night we washed. Sometimes a little info in a couple pictures go along way.

2 Likes

I mean if you are a pressure washing company and you miss one of these? Fine. But when most are like that…

Yeah these ones are in the ceiling of the over hang they want washed same style of outlet and I am guessing the lights are not waterproof either. I will let them know I am passing on that portion and give the reasons.