Shopping centers sidewalk with gum removal help on pricing

Continuing the discussion from Commercial Accounts:
I’ve pressure washing for a while, getting asked about shopping center sidewalks. I’m not trying to be the cheapest, don’t want to cut anyone throat just need help be competitive in Georgia, what a good square-footage pricing

why do you want the job?

To me, being competitive means making a profit for your Company, only you know that number. Price depends on a few factors, the first is how much equipment and manpower you have. If you have multiple machines & guys you can charge a lower price and still hit your profit margin…again only a number you know.

Or if you’re a 1 Man 1 machine business (and nothing wrong with that) you would need to charge higher because it will take longer to do the project…time is money.

I’m not sure where people get the idea that there is a “Set” price for certain services in certain areas…There’s Not.

Lastly, My price is My price in NC, Ga. or Timbuctoo…Lower or higher I will make our profit margin and I don’t care who’s throat it cuts, because they have no problem cutting mine…The main goal here is to be “Profitable”…Period.

Hope This Helps…

1 Like

Thanks Guy, I was hoping to get him to figure that out for himself. But I doubt he will be back…

oh ok all of that make sense, there’s a lot of under biding going on but after understanding what you said it all about making your profit. If you have the man power and the equipment go in make the money and get out! Time is differently money. Thanks that helps.

1 Like

Sure I’m back and here to stay, after dealing with all different kinds of people and seeing pressure washing companies come and go and those who has been in business for a while just figure that there was a price standard. But seems to be, it all depends on what your work is worth to you. Thanks

wrong, its not about what my work is worth to me. Its about what the numbers say I need to charge to make a profit

Also depends on "What’ you can sell…Some sell price…those are the ones that disappear before long because they can’t sell anything else. Then there are those that sell Professionalism, Quality Work & Solid Customer Service…Those are the ones that will be around much longer because they can sell at a higher profit margin. Understanding the dynamics of actually running a business and not owning a job is the key to success. People will ask all the time…“You Staying Busy?”…My reply always…“No, I’m Staying Profitable”…I’ve seen too many people “Busy” themselves out of business.

Ok, I do understand that, thanks for taking the time to share.