Sell your services on ...Amazon?

So apparently people can order services on Amazon, from Assembly to pressure washing to electronics, and more.

It appears to be simple, they have jobs, you pick one and do it, they charge the customer and then pay you.

I think I’ll sign up and give it a try :confused:

Would you?

1 Like

FYI, the link is broken.

does that one work?

Yep. Thanks.

Bezos just has to rule the World. How much does Dr. Evil get off the top?

1 Like

Bezos is one of my role models. The man is a beast of a businessman. Can’t knock his hustle. Just gotta go with the flow.

1 Like

I figure just as much as any other lead generator

They take like 20%. And wait awhile for your money. But may work for you.

As long as it is not money upfront to land the client. Just get that 20% included in your quote.

Now if you have to pay for the lead then it is a waste.

1 Like

Yup, got an email today to get $30 off my pressure washing if I book through Amazon.

Less than 2000 sq ft is $140 (with the coupon);

I get my choice between exterior building, decking, or driveway; all cost the same.

2000-4000 sq ft is $314 for exterior, and it gets knocked down to $308 for decking and driveway that are over 2000 sq ft!

I tried signing up but they said they don’t offer pressure washing yet. :man_shrugging:

Try again? Maybe send them the picture?

Amazon and google want to come between your business and the customer in order to get their cut.

Have you guys seen the “Google guaranteed” platform they have now?

The way consumers buy products will be the way they buy services in the next ten years.

Amazon, Google

Better get ahead of the storm!

2 Likes

Sounds like a pay cut to me. I don’t think anything will surpass positive word of mouth and referrals but those two are some heavy hitters.

2 Likes

Yea i think it’s worth signing up with both Google and Amazon, just like product manufacturers sell through them, they will be our “distributors”

The issue arises when they sell their own products and compete.
I wonder if they will buy out pressure washing companies in the future, if you think so, better get your ducks in a row now so you’re ready for that sweet sweet buy out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have been on Amazon Selling Services for about 2 yrs. It’s good money for me. I get about 2 orders per month.

Typical job:
3000 sq ft two story is usually 2 hours or less of work for me. I usually charge $160.

Amazon charges customer $280. They keep 20%. I get 80% ($224), within 2 weeks. Amazon payout is twice a month.

Good money for me.

…lol

Man, been there, done that with Angie’s List when we first got started. They were pushing the Big Deal campaign on ‘service providers’, so the customer would pay $189. AL would get 30% and you’d be left with the remainder, and customers would game the system buying these darn things knowing full well their house windows were complete garbage.

Ah, the early days.

Screw bezos. @garry.cooper is my idol. :star_struck: