Second opinion on these awnings

Hi guys, the inevitable first awning job has shown up. I’ve read lots of posts on here so far, and I see the recommendations shared by @squidskc on how to clean awnings. Here I am simply asking for a second or third opinion on these before I throw house wash mix at it. Do you think these would be safe for the standard mix of 3 gal water, 2 gal SH, and a surfactant? As always, I appreciate your time and any information you can share.

Thank you

If Its sunbrella fabric then yes. If not then only the manufacturer knows. Either find out who makes it and ask them how to clean it or test a hidden spot and then you’ll know.

1 Like

This looks like a job for “Waiver Man”

1 Like

Bingo. @ppwIL Clean1 nailed it.

Most awnings are nylon based and shouldn’t be affected by bleach…but that doesn’t be mean it NOT Egyptian cotton for some crazy reason haha. Run a test spot.

1 Like

These are Sunbrella awnings we did today. They were awful. I took a risk and X-jetted 50/50 and they turned out beautiful. Commercial grade stuff is built a little differently.

I’ve never run into a house with awnings so I can’t really speak to how they’re made, but test spots when you do estimates can answer a lot of questions.

1 Like

Egyptian cotton made me LOL

I imagine 3000 thread count awnings would be expensive

And yet…I still wouldn’t be surprised on some of these mansions haha

Haha it could be Egyptian cotton. Never know. I will contact the customer first thing in the morning and see if I can find out the manufacturer tomorrow. I’ll keep this thread updated as maybe it will help someone down the line as well. Thank you guys for your input