Screened patio

I have been scouring this site now for a good hour and have yet to find anything. Patio screens that have turned green…I presume a soft wash mixture would be effective? What are the do’s and don’ts for this?

Yup, you have to hit from both inside and out and let it dwell a bit. Sometimes you can only get 80% clean and the roof panels might not look the best because you can’t get both sides but again that’s what you get trying to clean screen. I replace screen as well so I see and do this a lot, some screens have reached their life expentency and cleaning won’t change a thing.

Thanks for the reply. Understandably, certain screens just may be too worn to get clean, or out of reach as you said. What would be the prime mixture? A 1%, stronger, or weaker? I know that the SH could potentially case more harm than good. Granted I know there isn’t generally a “magic bullet” when it comes to mixtures, but more so looking for the “dont cross this line” mixture.

Did this one yesterday. Used 8/1 (beige) proportioner on xjet, 12.5%SH. Watched the filth fly out of screens, cleaned the inside while I was there. The customer couldn’t be happier that she no longer needed to consider painting the room.

1 Like

Looks good. I e done my share of patio surfaces, it’s the screens that stumped me. Granted, I wasn’t using SH at the time, just outdoor bleach and the screens refused to come clean from the greenish hue.

I’ve been just downstreaming %20 with some type of surfactant (soap) to help the SH cling on to the screens. Spray from an angle and make sure to let it sit. Remember some screens are just too far gone so give the customer a warning that you aren’t a miracle worker. As long as the actual pool Cage turns out clean that’s what most customers are worried about as they know the screens can be replaced.

1 Like

I also just use my house wash mix just don’t use a lot of pressure on the screen