Rust removal F9 or what?

F9 is expensive, but it works. This thing is going to need a ton of it, but what else out there works like F9 and doesn’t cost as much. I’m thinking the whole thing is going to take 10 gallons.

For the record, I didn’t tell this guy it was too small. It’s a huge streak. I told him it was on the estimate for a cheaper amount because it was bundled with about 10 other things, but if all they want me to do is the rust my commercial minimum is $700.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - That streak will kick your $700 minimum’s ass

1 Like

I dunno about parking lots, but you weren’t joking about using vinegar on tools.

3 Likes

I’ve been testing an anti corrosion spray that’s cheaper than Fluid Film. I’ve left this cheap pair of pliers in the downspout ramp thing through at least three storms and this stuff is hanging on strong.

1 Like

That’s why I’m trying to find out what works as well as F9, but I don’t have to sell a kidney for it. Lol

Oxalic Acid…it comes in powder former and can make bigger batches…I haven’t used it but I use F9 all the time…it works but expensive to cover large areas…for a large area like that I would try OA…because it’s more than the stain you need to cover…you really need to cover entire area…maybe with not as strong as on stain bit enough to feather and blend…you can find oxalic acid on amazon or from pressure tek…I have read a bunch about it on here…just passing information along…I believe @anon1966941 is the guy

2 Likes

I’d rinse what you could off with med pressure and see what you had left. Lots of products out there for rust removal cheaper than F-9, but some are not as user friendly. You could just try spraying it with vinegar. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m not above it. Lol. Actually, I’ve graduated beyond guessing and hoping which is why I usually just spring for the F9. This is a competitive bid situation though and the company I’m competing with loves doing stuff for next to nothing because they have a fleet of guys working for $12/hour.

Scott out in St. Louis texted and said the same thing. I just ordered 50lbs from Powerwash.com for $160. That’s about what it costs for 4 gallons of F9.

Boom!

4 Likes

What chemical did you use for this? The after pic looks awesome!

1 Like

F-9 barc

Do a bunch of video watching one it. You can mess concrete up if you don’t evenly apply it. I used the apply-dry-wet-brush-dry-rinse method. Tried skipping the brush part one section and had to do it over. Even though I thought I was spraying even you could see heavy spots.

1 Like