Rust Preventative

I’m going to coat the underside of my trailer this Winter with POR (Paint Over Rust) unless anyone has a better suggestion.

I have seen videos of people using all kinds of things including bar and chain oil.

Other ideas or just go with the POR?

I love this stuff. It’s been on a set of pliers I put under a downspout 5 months ago and still no rust. It’s on a vise mounted on the trailer that gets rained on, SH on, and covered in road grime. Wipes right off. Been really impressed with it, but You have to reapply it a couple times a year it seems.

If you’re looking for one and done I’d go with POR

2 Likes

I got a bottom of the ocean vice I’m going to try this on.

1 Like

POR 15 has my full endorsement. I use it to paint the metal on my tree stands. Mower decks. Steps at my trailer. Good stuff

2 Likes

Is it still 140 a gallon?

yep (plus more characters cause you gotta have at least 10. Most annoying thing in the world)

3 Likes

How about pump spray used engine oil as an undercoat

Can someone say fire? Lol. Who is going to clean the driveway when your done?

My 2001 doesn’t have any rust and they hammer these roads with salt in Ohio. Must be doing something right. I do it in field but I’m not stopping you from using it in your drive :grinning:

1 Like

They=me :yum:

1 Like

I used to work with the guy over in castlo park where all that salt is stored. It gave me anxiety every damn time I drove in that lot

1 Like

I’m getting a new enclosed and I want to start now on rust prevention. Is Por 15 something I should paint the frame with now or that something you use after it rusts. Would it be overkill now?

1 Like

I’d do it right now.

1 Like