Roof safety

He everyone just sharing what happened to me.
2 weeks ago I was on a metal roof as I had 3 cupolas to wash on a fairly big roof. The roof pitch was easy to walk no more than a 4. Normally I don’t tie off but this commercial account has it written up in contract. Was up there about 20 mins than I slipped and hit my head hard. I was out for only a few seconds but when I came to I was 3/4 down the roof. My lanyard locked up. I broke my wrist in the process but no doubt my safety harness saved my life. Never again will I NOT go on a roof without one. Like I said I usually i don’t tie off but thank God I had to. Be safe everyone don’t be an idiot like me .

4 Likes

Good show man. Very glad you are safe.

Glad you’re ok. Metal roofs slicker than goose poop.

Good info. Everyone always thinks it won’t happen to me. Sounds bad but sounds like it could have been worse. Stay safe

Thanks guys. Yeah I roofed for ten yrs with no problems but them chemicals makes it like walking on snot

Same from KC. Glad you’re safe and still here to chat with.

You need to thank GOD for your good fortune.

Glad it went well for you.

1 Like

Wow. Crazy stuff man, glad you are ok, and thanks for sharing. Reminds me that i need to stop getting on roofs until i get some gear.

1 Like

Glad there are no life threatening injuries…But, I have to ask… You didn’t happen to get it on film did ya?

New here,reading some and picking up some pointers. You just gave me a great one. So glad you are still kicking.Take care.