Roof Cleaning Contractors Directory

If you signed up last year for the Roof Cleaning Directory be sure to cancel the subscription if you were unhappy with the service, or lack of service, you received. I signed up for the top tier service last year and never got anything out of it. I forgot it was a subscription and my paypal was charged this morning. I’d gladly pay the money if I got something in return, but the dude took the money and ran.

Just make sure you cancel the subscription.

I tried a bunch of times and it wouldn’t let me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why am I not surprised by this. Remember the post well and there was all kinds of red flags back then.

Put a complaint into Paypal ASAP and they may stop the money.

1 Like

Good idea, bad execution!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I’m glad my bank issued me a new card because I forgot about this.

You were never on the directory

What red flags John? Please share

put in a complaint for what John? wouldn’t it be easier to just cancel the subscription?

If you read what Micah said his Paypal was charged then the dude took the money and ran. So my response was if that was he case then notify Paypal and file a complaint to stop the payment. Since he was charged unknowingly it may have been to late to now cancel the subscription and expect to get the money back. Paypal can do that for ya free of charge. Does that answer the second part of your question?

1 Like

First, I actually emailed everyone that was on a subscription (last fall) and told them to cancel their subscription. Ask around, I know several people that did it within minutes of my email.

You subscribed…you, I didn’t twist your arm or even make a high pressure sales call…i didn’t make any call, you signed up on your own. You read the signup choices (which included a free listing as a choice) and selected the premium.

So far…
A) you joined on your own
B) you picked something other than free on your own
C) you ignored my email telling you to unsubscribe
D) you never bothered emailing me and asking for a refund

But…I somehow “took your money and ran”?

The only thing more baffling than your post is the fact that you actually made the post.

What lack of service did you experience? I pay the bill for the server so I know the site’s up. I pay another fee to monitor uptime so I’m really positive it’s not that.

Another email you apparently missed was the one where I thanked everyone that contributed by subscribing and extended their premium account till 2015 (another year). In fact Micah, even though you neglected to cancel your subscription, filed a PayPal dispute accusing me of unauthorized charges, I still left your listing as premium and featured. Does it still sound like a guy that “took your $50 and ran”?

How about my time and money? Since launch, the site has earned $1575. I spent about $475 when I built it and another $100 in Jan. That’s over a third in out of pocket but it doesn’t come close to the time I’ve spent on this. I spend about 2 hours on average for every featured or premium listing. In Jan, I upgraded the site and had to manually redo the maps and paid accounts. It took me three straight days. I spent about 8 hours making presentations to insurance adjuster seminars about ARMA and the directory.

If I did all this to snag your $50 then I’m a really bad business man.

I didn’t do this for the money Micah. Some simple math would prove that…even if I had 20 premium accounts @ $50 that’s just $1000. I can get that with two roof cleans or one web design. Double that to 40 or $2k. The headaches (like this thread) aren’t worth the money.

I did it because I wanted to pull all the factions of ARMA cleaners under one tent in an attempt to combat the people selling leads (Service Magic 1 & 2, Angies List) and the gimmick cleaners selling oxyclean.

How would you feel if a homeowner of a house you cleaned went online and basically called you a crook but never tried to contact you and address their dissatisfaction? How would you feel if they started telling people in Greenville to not do business with you?

I’m still trying to figure out what you expected me to do for 13.5 cents a day and why $50 (that you got back) would prompt you to start a thread like this.

I’m the dude and I didn’t run anywhere. Get your facts straight before you slander people John.

What red flags did you see john…please be as specific as possible.

I really want an answer John because when people were making unfounded claims about your garage cleaning event, I went to the mat for not just you but because it was wrong to make up lies in a forum to hurt someone…so I think I deserve an answer.

In this thread here the guys were saying that there emails weren’t being answered which is a sign of possible reflags. But siyou namer name isn’t listed in your public profile I didn’t know this was you Barry and I was looking out after a fellow PWRA contractor who I suspect would do the same for me.

Now that I know this is you Barry then I would’ve gave you much more leeway here because I know guys who say they did good through you with Michael Pontillo being one of those guys. Heck I thought you were just a some typical spammer that pops in here with no real value.

Piece of advice here-- put your name in your profile so we can throw you some support next time;)

Thanks John

I don’t have time to troll all the forums…only found out about this thread because a friend seen it. I did call you before I posted…if that counts.

It’s impossible to please everyone…I’m sure there are people unhappy with me but I try to do right by everyone. Anyone that knows me well can tell you that I’ll spend hours on the phone helping people in this industry and never send them a bill.

Yup I can vouch for that. Spoke to you in the past on the phone and you really know your stuff. Somewhere on this bulletin board your name popped up and a bunch of us were wondering where you were and we figured you just got over inundated with work with all the different business domain names you had. Good to see you here Barry;)

Hey Barry–Where in the midst of finishing a large Condo complex in upstate NY and I just booked another building an hour further from here. My wife called me this morning to let me know you left a message on our office phone. I called you back this afternoon while I was running between jobs. You VM is full.

If you want call my cell tomorrow to discuss this if you want. 631-804-1777. Always fun talking to ya;)

I thought perhaps Micah would have responded by now. I think the OP was a bit over the top.

Tonight after the elections (Primary election today here in Ohio, I’m working polls), I’m going to yank him back to free listing but I wanted to point out a few things first.

His listing was 23rd in total hits at 611. Not a lot of hits but (there is always a but), we have blocked every country at IP level except USA and Canada. Doing that utterly destroyed our Alexa rankings which at one time were pretty good. I’m not interested (nor should you be) in fluffed up web statistics…I’m in the cleaning business for money. By filtering access we (you) get the straight dope.

Even so, every single listing has our stats on it and I just checked it…

[COLOR="#0000FF"]Site Traffic

Pages

Pages|Hits |Unique

Last 24 hours: 529
Last 7 days: 4,678
Last 30 days: 17,030
Online now: 4[/COLOR]

Again…we filter out all countries but USA and Canada. You can check it anytime, as I said…the site stats as well as the listing hits are on every listing.

The fee last year was $50 for a whole year…if just 1 of his 611 hits turned into a job, it was a win. 1/3rd of 1% would be 2 jobs.

Like anything, your mileage may vary and marketing is really nothing more than gambling but I like those odds. If I get 2 roof cleans @ $500, my ROI was $950 or 95%

I hope this clears up the “lack of value” issue.

In the time it took to write this…we had
4 Visits
12 Pageviews
3.00 Pages/Visits

For what it’s worth to anyone that reads this, Barry is one incredibly talented individual. A website is a never ending work in progress. With that in mind, I couldn’t imagine myself being any happier with the initial design he built for me. The longer I have had it and the more I learn here and there, reading and experiencing this and that, Barry did me a proper custom design. Best kept secret around.

Hang on, is this the guy I sent money to who was going to send me his contact details so I could forward my county/city info last year? Then I never heard from you again?

Hello?

Now that’s a red flag.

You may want to PM Barry here since in his words “he doesn’t troll the boards”. Barry has always been good to take text and call back. I just talked to him last week.