Rinsing house with roof pump?

Can anyone help my understand why people recommend not using a roof pump for house wash? I have heard that spraying SH is fine, but rinsing takes for ever. Most double diaphragm air pumps can flow 10gpm+ if they are 1/2" or larger, I would think that should be sufficient. I this issue limited to 12v vs gas or air diaphragm pumps?

Practicality. 12v and air systems produce no pressure. Most professionals want a system that allows them to flow 8 gpm a minute at garden hose pressure and use that same system to instantly go to high pressure to clean the front brick steps of a house, pop gum, surface clean etc. Gas engines and 8 gpm pumps provide a proven, realible option and can easily run 12 or more hours continuously on those long work days. 12v and air can’t do that.

3 Likes

I get your point about surface cleaning. I thought that most air pumps are considered industrial though and should be able to run continuously as long as you have air supply, is that not the case?

What is supplying that air all day?

A gas air compressor should have no issues running that long and keeping up.

Ok. Go for it. I like being better equipped than my competition lol

1 Like

I have a air set up and it sucks for rinsing. Can you do it yea but having a little pressure behind the stream helps to knock insect nest down. An air pump can run all day thats no problem, 12V you would run out of battery, and gas systems are said to not last as long before they leak.

When it comes to Air pumps in order to get 10+ gpm your going to need a big compressor that can put out some cfm’s. I have a 15gpm yamada aodd but my compressor can only push it to 5.5gpm.

The big advantage of air pumps is being able to throttle down the flow. They can flow higher but most I know that use them keep pressure at about 90psi, so not great for rinsing. I agree 100% with IBS.

1 Like

That’s because they are using the wrong equipment…We use 2 - 1inch ARO air pumps on our trailers all day long…Powered by a Ingersoll Rand compressor and get more GPMs then any of the Pressure Washers can period…

What kind of pressure do you get with your air set up? Thats the main drawback for me when trying to rinse with an air pump.

And although an air set up can run 50+ gpm easily, you also have to take into account the size of the compressor in order to run that high. Plus who really wants to use that much water so fast, your buffer would have to be huge.