Remove Paint off of Brick?

I have come across a guy who is something else…I washed his house about a month ago…
Big House back patio. It was a $800 wash…
He told me he was a investor and owned a few proprieties and he wanted them washed…
Turns out his Mom is a real estate woman he works for investment company.

He went on how great a job I did on his house…
I did a friend of his that house was even BIGGER with a pool.
I even use a pic of his front door on my face book page…

Ok month later I get a call from him, David i’m ready to start washing cleaning my places.
They have 2 Apt buildings about 10 15 apt each… i so far cleaned 7 houses and duplex’s.
All of them are in the GETTO i mean BAD AREAS of town…

I did one Apt now have another one to do… This one has a PAINTED place on the wall.
Look how dirty and stained the bottom of this wall is…

Now on this brick stains do I use the Hydroxide or the Hypocrite
I just got 2 drums of Hypocrite 12.5%. already had 10 gallons of Hydroxide
What do I PUT ON THE BRICK to clean it up the PAINT. ?

20170912_144943[195]|500x500

Go to Sherwin Williams - they have a graffiti remover. It works pretty good and a lot less than Worlds Best - show them the pic.

Turbo nozzle on mildew. Taginator graffiti remover on paint

so which i use on the stain brick? hypocrite or hydroxide??
to clean the top of the building so far up…
Thanks or will just the turbo nozzle will do it??

I’ve tried to explain to you the difference and uses of hydroxide and bleach and just can’t do it anymore

I know u said Hydroxide is for Wood but did not catch what u said was for BRICK…
Sorry to inconvience/bother you…

Innocentbystander 4 GPM
September 13
I’ve tried to explain to you the difference and uses of hydroxide and bleach and just can’t do it anymore

SH but will have to be a stronger mix

I had a customer ask me if I could get this graffiti off his historic building. I told him I’d look into it. He agreed to pay for the cost of supplies if I ordered something like Worlds Best or Taginator but it didn’t work on a test spot.

Do you guys have experience with stuff like this or with those two graffiti removers? Most other threads I saw for graffiti were a few years old, so I figured I could jump into this one.

I plan to give worlds best a call, but they weren’t open this evening when I tried. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday. I figured they might have good advice too. I would appreciate you guys sharing your experiences with those chemicals tho. In the previous threads I looked through, people merely recommended them. No real descriptions of what they can or can’t do well.

We did one downtown last month with similar results. Multiple applications and increased dwell time got rid of it. I ended up using some surfactant. I also kept it wet. I think the amount of time that the paint has been on the brick plays a huge part In your aproch. My dwell time ended up being over an hour. The paint had been there for a long time.
We used taginator, cold water, turbo nozzle @4k 4gpm.

1 Like

Helpful info. Thanks!

Did you have to use the “taginator pump sprayer”? I saw on their website that they said their chemicals will destroy a regular pump sprayer. Not sure if thats true or just trying to sell me extra stuff lol.

You will need a chemical resistant sprayer I just used tagaway on a vinyl siding house that kids spray painted

2 10 dollar hdx sprayers from depot. It ruined them both but got the job done.

stuff i used was from Williams paint store…$65 a gallon. you brush i ton let it set 30 min power wash it did a couple of times. It did not get the bad spots could had done it a 3rd time… it looked much better

Thanks everyone! Super helpful. I feel comfortable telling the customer I have confidence that I can likely help him with his building. I’ll definitely.

@Fatdaddy, what was the stuff you got at Sherwin Williams? I saw that the Taginator was also around $65 per gallon.

Watch Dog is the Sherwin Williams product. Never used it myself but I’ve heard good things.

Thats funny. I just called Sherwin Williams this morning and they guy didn’t know what kind of graffiti remover they had lol. :joy:

On another note, how would you guys go about pricing a job like this? The area to be cleaned is probably 20-30 feet long and around 8 feet high. Obviously I’ll charge the cost of material, but assuming it works and I’m able to clean everything, or at least greatly improve the situation, how do you price that? It’s not like it’s a lot of labor, but I do have to take my pressure washer to clean everything off, there is the possibility of requiring multiple coats, and additionally, at least according to @Sharpe, it could take a long time for dwelling.

I appreciate any tips!

I is called Bare Brick Stone and masonry Graffiti remover
now some times u got to do 2 or three times let it set on 20 30min