Received unsolicited text

This evening I got a text from (415) 481-9504. The text read -

“Are you available to help person name with pressure washing in town name. You have 1st priority. Reply 1 if interested, 3 if not”

I did some initial research but all I have found so far is that it is a San Francisco area code. I live in NC. I have never signed up for services like Home Advisor or Angie’s List.

Has anyone ever gotten an unsolicited text like this or have any other information about it? If any of you are able to shed any light on this I would appreciate it.

1 Like

I’ve gotten them a few times and ignored them. Not sure what it is.

1 Like

I believe that is Houzz. I get them all the time. I looked into it once and you have to buy credits to submit. Reviews are mixed. I have never tried them.

1 Like

I get similar ones 2 times a week but they are foreign scammers. It started after I put my ads on Craigslist. They ask you to give an estimate on a random house near you. The address is always one that is for sale. So I call the real estate agency that is selling it. They deny knowing anything about it. They have stolen credit cards. So they offer to pay too much up front and to give the change to their friend who lives close by. Don’t be bothered with them.

That the exact scenario that happened to me a few weeks ago

1 Like