Reaching the Decision Makers

When marketing to commercial businesses how do you find the Decision makers. For instance who is responsible for maintaining a strip center, a business park, etc?

How do you get your marketing into the right hands so you can pitch your services?

A lot of commercial prop are owned by investor groups. Some handle there own property others let prop management do it for them. Either way there is
Usually a sigh somewhere directing you to them. If you cant find it than talk to a business renting from them.

Stop into an occupied one and asked who the property management co is. Takes 30 secs and you don’t have to look for a sign.

Send bagels or muffins to the office with your business info and say something cheesy on the card like “Buttering you up for a chance to clean the shopping center at 123 Main Street.”

Then call and ask if it worked. If it didn’t call again once a month and tell them it’s getting worse. It usually takes 7 touches to sell something.

3 Likes

Have you used this particular strategy with success?

Nope. All my commercial leads with the exception of two came from Home Advisor. But I did use it to get meetings when I worked in finance. Read The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes.

2 Likes