Quote for this property

I knocked on a door this afternoon, at a beautiful home that has a beautifully laid out driveway that someone had striped beyond anything that I have ever seen. The striping was the reason that I went to the door. The gentleman answered the door, I introduced myself and my business. I then told him that I would like to have the opportunity to bid on his pressure washing the next time that he was wanting to have it done. I explained that I realized the he had just had it done and that I would certainly understand that he would probably be waiting a while before having it done, again. To my surprise, he told me that he would like for me to quote redoing the driveway and he asked if I would also quote washing his vinyl fence, cool deck around his pool and his covered sitting area around the pool. I was kind of stunned and gladly confirmed that I would accept his invitation to bid the project.

Anyway, I came home and got on google to figure the bid as I did not have time to measure while I was there. I will present it to him, in person, tomorrow as he is very near my home and I will drop by on my way to town about mid morning, tomorrow.

I would like for folks to tell me what they would quote for the work. This place will be a dream to wash…access to water everywhere, all of the features to be washed are very accessible and nothing is in bad shape as this property is fairly new.

Please give me your thoughts on what your quote would be for this job. I am sure that my quote will differ from yours…but I am interested to see the pricing differences from different contractors. Thanks

The job will consist of the following:
8700 sq ft of driveway
290ft of 6ft vinyl fence
1550 sq ft of cool deck
I will just throw in the covered sitting area by the pool, at no charge.

I would change what i needed to to make a profit. Everyone’s prices will be different. You will have to trips to the property before you even start washing and that would factor into pricing also.

Actually, I drive right by it on my way to town…that is really the way that I have noticed it. The only reason that I have not stopped before is that I know that the drive was washed a month ago…never dreamed that he would be willing to pay, so soon, to have it straightened out. Today, my disgust at the mess made…just got the better of me and I stopped.

Couple of quick questions -

1. Is the driveway pretty clean, just have surface cleaner stripes?
  2. Is the cool deck actually colored cool decking or is it cool deck that’s been painted? And how bad is it?
  3. Fence, is the footage you gave include both sides? Is it just some green algae on it?

Do you have a direct pump system like for doing roofs?

I would just break it down on footage
8700 @ .20sqft …$1740
290 fence @ $100
1550 cool deck .25sqrf …387.50

$2227.50 is what the math says.
But I agree with innocent bystander… bid your market
And look at the value of lowering the bid for a repeat customer with a big job

1. Yes, driveway is clean…just stripes.
  2. Cool deck is clean and the original color.
  3. Fence would be 290x2x6…very clean, only 2 spots of green mildew on the entire fence.

No, I don’t have a roof system as I don’t do ladders…I have a 8gpm hot water unit and a Whisper Wash…that is all. I will be adding a 12v system for general use…I have figured out how I will do it, just haven’t had a chance to get the stuff rounded up.

You don’t want to hear my Florida price on that. Lol.

Eric’s price sounds good though, if that’s what you can charge.

Bingo…or at least that is my take.

My bid is $1750…plenty of profit in that price, for me, as PW business is my retirement sideline. I can do this job in 2, 6hr days, by myself. I will put just a little heat to the water and that 24" 4 nozzle Whisper Wash will gobble that driveway up.

However, he may want it done cheaper…and that will be a “no go”, on my end…time will tell.

I will also be turning in a bid on 62 apts…15 buildings, tomorrow…hopefully, that will come through…but…time will tell on that, also. The guy asked me to give him a price and I am going to oblige. This job will include 40,000 feet of flat work and 2130 feet of curb and gutter…it would be a huge job for me, but he is willing to work with me on the time line for completion.

I’d just post treat or chemically clean the drive. Wet down grass sides good, dampen drive, and put a 3.5% roof mix on it and leave it. Don’t rinse.Throttle your machine down a lot and just use your xjet with no inserts if you don’t have 12v. Same on cool deck except a little weaker mix, let dwell and rinse medium pressure. Don’t put surface cleaner on it. Fence I’d just DS normal HW mix.

I’d be at $1300 and would take 6 hours with an hour of that being dragging hoses around. Would use about $100 in chemicals.

3 Likes

Two thoughts
1 go back and measure it so when you give a price the guy doesn’t think you just pulled a number out of thin air. It will make a better impression if he sees you actually know what you are doing and look like you care.
#2 charge a good price… He already paid the cheap guy and got bad results… Be fair and do a more than he expects and that guy will tell all his neighbors and friends.

So what happened, @JimLuke Jimmy? Give us an update, for cryin’ out loud!

5 Likes